advice please in buying this bongo , is it too much ??

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

janna
Apprentice Bongonaut

advice please in buying this bongo , is it too much ??

Post by janna » Sat Apr 09, 2022 1:14 pm

Hi to you all I am looking to buy my first bongo. I have seen one 1998, 122.000 miles, full service, diesel history, cambelt done 2020, MOT till July, have had a look at MOT status it has passed the last few years . They are asking £11.000 this seems a little high, I wondered if you had any thoughts you could share with me ? I appreciate its difficult to say without seeing the vehicle . Also if anyone is selling a camper Bongo in the Dorset area ,please do get in touch. Warmest wishes and a million thanks 😊
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Re: advice please in buying this bongo , is it too much ??

Post by g8dhe » Sat Apr 09, 2022 1:46 pm

Welcome aboard !

Trying to suggest a value, even with pictures is not really practical. You really need to inspect for signs of wear and use at the engine, chassis and interior level to be sure what might need doing now/future! If you haven't already looked at vehicles at say a meet and know how you want to use the vehicle especially with a conversion then you run a big risk of it falling short of what you expect after a few trips.

At this time of year prices are rising as sellers know that people leave it to the last minute before Summer and hence buyers panic sets in!
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Sat Apr 09, 2022 4:54 pm

Can't improve on Geoff's comments, but welcome aboard. 8)
Hazzobongo
Bongolier

Post by Hazzobongo » Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:43 am

I paid 9K for mine in January, same year, needed a timing belt but has no rusty sills or bodywork, if the clock is reading 122000 its in KM and not miles so roughly 68k miles, I bought this one as a private buy rather than dealer or importer, the local importer had one at 9k too but the salesman told me a couple of lies so I walked away.

Return to “Techie Stuff”