ford ranger fly by wire injector pump in a bongo

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

mcloveing
Apprentice Bongonaut

ford ranger fly by wire injector pump in a bongo

Post by mcloveing » Sun Apr 03, 2022 1:49 pm

Hi Guys i am staggerd at the price of a recon injector pump Has anyone tried to fit a ranger pump in a bongo as i fear my pump in my beloved Bongo is dying she is a 2002 white Areo i bought her last year and have loved every miunit until now. when she is hot she runs really rough then stalls then terrible to start. I think a second hand pump is not a good idea for £600 as that could only last a few weeks but £1150 for recon exchange seems high. I have seen on ebay a lot of ford ranger pumps they look the same and on fuel injection .com they are only a few digits different my pump is a WL B2A 104700 0530 and i know 3 people with the late diesel bongos and i have looked they all have same pump number as mine and it seems most ford rangers / mazda b2500 have a pump number WL E7A 104700 0550 the pump looks identical but much cheaper as a refurb and i am sure most of the parts must be the same i feel as bongo owners we are cash cows for some companies.
I hope someone has tried to fit one and can let me know the result

warm regards mark
oibaf
Bongolier

Re: ford ranger fly by wire injector pump in a bongo

Post by oibaf » Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:27 am

Would be interested to know this myself. Nothing wrong with our pump but I've always been surprised at the cost of the units!

Return to “Techie Stuff”