Rust converters, any success.

Anything non-technical about the Mazda Bongo Friendee van

Moderators: Bongoplod, aitch

Hazzobongo
Bongolier

Re: Rust converters, any success.

Post by Hazzobongo » Sat Apr 02, 2022 2:57 pm

Yeah I'll most definitely be waiting for the best weather with low humidity, I've worked in the shotblasting/spraying industry over the years and you need the driest of weather to blast then prime, obviously in this case it'll not be being blasted but you still need a good dry day or three even for small stuff.
BongoBongo123
Supreme Being

Post by BongoBongo123 » Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:08 pm

Good call on the wire brush drill bit. Found mine down the back of the drawer and ready to use in anger on that crossmember in the summer some time. With a cordless drill it'll take some of the pain out fo the job taking place of a sandpaper block - with goggles on of course.
Hazzobongo
Bongolier

Post by Hazzobongo » Thu Apr 07, 2022 6:29 am

I've got the drill and grinder wire brush attachments from doing the same job on the imported hilux I had so it looks like I'm all set. In other news I'm almost there with the rear conversion, two more small cuts to box the seats in and just got the sink/cooker unit to screw into position, fit supports for the bed shelf, add a bit of bling and have the cushions made then its off for a camping test, probably get away in September lol.

Return to “Bongo Chat”