Water to the sink

Questions & answers about kitchen units, stoves, fridges, heaters, water tanks, seats, mattresses etc etc.

Moderator: Doone

grecian999
Junior Bongonaut

Water to the sink

Post by grecian999 » Sat Mar 19, 2022 5:43 pm

Afternoon

I’m hoping some one knows how to help with an issue on my converted Bongo.
I can not get any water running from the tap.

Does there have to be a permanent water feed or do we need to be hooked up to the mains for the sink to work ?

There is a water filler under the passenger door and an outlet behind the driver door at the back

We have leisure battery with a control panel which does say pump on it ,I’ve checked the fuse and that’s fine.

Any ideas ?
Propnut
Bongonaut

Re: Water to the sink

Post by Propnut » Sat Mar 19, 2022 6:11 pm

I have a side conversion, the water tank for that is behind the rear offside wheel with a filler cap on the outside just above and an overflow next to the sink drain at the rear bumper. Inside the tank is a submersible pump, when the tap is lifted a little switch inside sends power to the pump which starts, sending water to the tap. Provided you have the panel switched to "Van" and the pump switched on with a good battery and water in the tank I'd suspect the pump has seized, they are not the greatest quality. When you open your tap can you hear any whirring noises? if so it may be that the pipe has become disconnected from the pump, split or less likely blocked. If there's no whirring suspect the pump. If your filler is under the passenger door your tank may be easier to access than mine which involved removal of some of the cupboard.

This an earlier thread on the topic
viewtopic.php?p=716320#p716320
grecian999
Junior Bongonaut

Post by grecian999 » Sat Mar 19, 2022 6:26 pm

Thanks for the reply ,no noise at all. From your post ,it sounds like it may be the pump

I will try and find the pump and go from there.

Wish me luck 🍀
grecian999
Junior Bongonaut

Post by grecian999 » Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:03 pm

All sorted ,the earth cable to the pump had worn away

Easy fix in the end
Propnut
Bongonaut

Post by Propnut » Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:06 pm

That was a nice easy fix, well done.
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:41 pm

Nice one. :)
Jillygumbo
Supreme Being

Post by Jillygumbo » Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:53 pm

Easier fix than mine! Water pump has gone. Bought new pump. The electical connector is up behind the sink and I can only 'feel' it! Trying to make another connection where I can see it but so far have been unable to cut through the old cable to remove the casing without cutting into the wires! Grrrrrrr! Everything else has been replaced. Hate having to ask Terry to do anything, but apparently there a knack to it!
Jillygumbo, Tonto & Ruca
The night conceals the world, but reveals the universe!
Hazzobongo
Bongolier

Post by Hazzobongo » Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:28 am

Mine was the same as yours jilly with the hose disconnected and cant see where it plugged into, pump works fine on mine but even after pushing the hose home and trying the tap nothing coming through it. Just about completed my rear conversion build so will be able to see whats going on after I re-install the kitchen unit, knowing my luck I'll need another dometic tap at several quids over and above what a tap costs.
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:05 am

Hi Jilly

Have a Google for 'phone endoscope, or 'borescope'.

They can be had for about a tenner, mini version of what you have down your throat, or worse, in hospital.

That way you can see what's up behind your conversion.

Return to “Campervan Conversions in Bongos”