Bongo wave

Anything non-technical about the Mazda Bongo Friendee van

Moderators: Bongoplod, aitch

Hazzobongo
Bongolier

Bongo wave

Post by Hazzobongo » Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:18 pm

Just standing at the door having a fag and a marine blue Bongo was heading up the street from the sea front car park which slowed right down and I thought they were eyeing up my Bongo, then they waved, I waved back and then they drove off.

My eyes aren't much cop without my glegs on and thought it must be somebody I know then I realised it was just another bongo owner :lol:
Doone
Supreme Being

Re: Bongo wave

Post by Doone » Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:39 pm

#-o =D> Happy days!
Allan's closed. in Plymouth we recommend PGS (Plymouth Garage Services) or Mayflower Auto Services
Diplomat
Supreme Being

Post by Diplomat » Mon Feb 07, 2022 6:57 pm

I frequently find myself waving at Bongo drivers when I am driving my little 2003 Suzuki Ignis, which also happens to be a proper right hand drive vehicle built in Japan and not some eurocar minimally bodged for the UK market. I get some odd looks from doing this and one time was alongside at lights and wound the window down to explain.

My Bongo is waiting for me to get it back through the MoT test and back into use.

Although I can't take it inside London's new outer LEZ without a penalty, I look forward to future trips out into the countryside and waving to other Bongonauts without them wondering why!

We also have a Honda Stepwagon in the fleet which is an equally outstanding vehicle but not quite as iconic as the Bongo. We don't see enough others of those to have got into waving.

Frank
My schoolmates idolised Biggles, I wanted to be Alcock & Brown
They flew, I took up naturism
Hazzobongo
Bongolier

Post by Hazzobongo » Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:10 pm

Well being a biker for almost fifty years I'm quite used to returning waves, shaking legs and patting my helmet towards other bikers but this is the first four wheeled transport in much the same time period where another driver slowed down to wave as they passed. I wouldn't be surprised to learn they're members of the forum.
ever after.
Bongolier

Post by ever after. » Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:04 pm

I was in the local town there last year and I opened the bonnet to check something.
Probably the only time I ever opened the bonnet in a built up area and this guy slows down and asks if everything's alright...

and he was only driving another bongo :? :lol:
Hazzobongo
Bongolier

Post by Hazzobongo » Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:03 pm

I couldn't even tell you how many times I've stopped to to help other bikers out as I always carry the tools under the seat to completely strip/rebuild my own, however these days with the new biking fraternity of big money, know nothing, many will just ride by if you have a problem so its nice to know theres more than the AA and RAC will help out another bongo owner.

Return to “Bongo Chat”