96 2.5TD Oil filter part no.

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

Hazzobongo
Bongolier

96 2.5TD Oil filter part no.

Post by Hazzobongo » Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:34 pm

Hi folks anyone confirm the bosch P 2042, The Mann WP928/81 or the Fram PH6355 are the right numbers for my 96 2.5TD as I want to do a oil change as the previous owner didn't in 6000 miles.

Also is it semi synth 5-30 or full synth oil in these vans? H
Ian
Supreme Being

Re: 96 2.5TD Oil filter part no.

Post by Ian » Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:12 am

We don't have the Bosch or Mann part numbers listed. But that's not to say they aren't compatible. If the filter cross references with Bluepring ADC42105 it will fit.

I always use synthetic oil but I don't think it matters much, just make sure it is changed regularly.
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.
Hazzobongo
Bongolier

Re: 96 2.5TD Oil filter part no.

Post by Hazzobongo » Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:45 am

I took a couple of those numbers from a post on the site only it was 'locked' and only referred to a 2.5, it didn't say diesel or petrol and was from way back in 2011 iirc.

I bought semi synth 5-30 as I plan on oil changes every 4k miles, I've been doing this on all my cars since the 80's and never had an engine problem, I have a motorcycle too and change that as soon as it goes from honey colour to black, missed a gear during a spirited ride and blew the gearbox out of the lower crankcase, on stripping that engine down other than the shattered gear cogs you could eat your dinner out of it. Oils cheap enough to change regularly and imo fresh is good for the motor overall.

Thanks for the reply, I'll get to the motor factors tomorrow now and if any numbers are wrong I'll tell them its for a 89 mitsy l200 td. I took the bosch number from a youtube vid on someone changing his but thought I'd verify the info through here.

Return to “Techie Stuff”