And we're.............................

Anything non-technical about the Mazda Bongo Friendee van

Moderators: Bongoplod, aitch

Hazzobongo
Bongolier

And we're.............................

Post by Hazzobongo » Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:21 pm

Now Bongo owners. Test drive went great, 55-60mph on an incline (not a hill) but for around 6 miles then the return journey, temp guage sat at 11 all the way. A very slight weep from the rocker gasket was all I could see in the engine bay, the back end has 6 LED's for lighting from the leisure battery and I'm well chuffed with our presently rust free new motor and all for 9k, only been in the country three years. I think I got a bargain with all the extras included. Hazzo
Bob
Supreme Being

Re: And we're.............................

Post by Bob » Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:18 am

Sounds lovely. 8)
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:02 am

Sounds great, time to get loaded up and making trips! Perhaps book in for the South West meet booking next Thursday, think there is also still a few places at the Southern Softies end of March start of April.
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
Hazzobongo
Bongolier

Post by Hazzobongo » Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:24 pm

Might be a while before we head anywhere far from here in the N.E as its all been done out in the back like a rainbow by the PO missus so it'll be getting a makeover and we're looking to relocate the side conversion to the rear to have a full width bed like a setup I've seen on youtube. I've seen a bongo bash on there too from 2015 iirc, over a hundred vans a funfair etc so I told my son that looks like a laugh but he's not keen, just wants to go surfing so god knows where we'll end up. H
oibaf
Bongolier

Post by oibaf » Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:09 pm

That sounds like a good buy! Enjoy it!
Hazzobongo
Bongolier

Post by Hazzobongo » Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:54 am

Well up to now we're really happy with the van, it drives great but only done around fifty miles or so in it as I want a new Timng belt on it because it has no history in this country and after phoning the importers to try to check on it and getting answers which were far from what I'd expect of a motor trader I need the belt and new water pump for peace of mind, I'm even going fifty miles to have it done by someone recommended by another member here who had similar work done previously.

Return to “Bongo Chat”