Where to? Taking wires from leisure battery through to cab

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

vagabongo
Apprentice Bongonaut

Where to? Taking wires from leisure battery through to cab

Post by vagabongo » Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:13 pm

Hello
First post here and in a tight spot, helping my Dad to install a 12v solar and split charge system.
He's good with most things electrical but we are new to Bongos. THere is not much spare room to take new wires through the bulkhead from the leisure battery. Could I ask the good people of Bongo Fury what they have done in their own work? Amazing if anyone answers in time for us to do it today - of course we are on our final day of the fit and didn't spot this before. Running out of time.

On the left behind the main battery is a load of wires in a hose going through to behind the steering wheel. This looks our best bet but we will have to hack into the rubber casing as there are already too many wires going through there.

On the right behind the water there is another hose, much closer to the leisure batter but we can't work out how to access it from the cab, and there is the passenger airbag to consider....

Help! Some pics of left and right below.
LH side behind main battery - make more space here?
LH side behind main battery - make more space here?
263029222_209512098004063_7943836416839115422_n.jpg (11.23 KiB) Viewed 410 times
Attachments
RH side behind water - how to access from cab?
RH side behind water - how to access from cab?
262012822_608222476901746_5074240112466539069_n.jpg (8.37 KiB) Viewed 410 times
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Re: Where to? Taking wires from leisure battery through to cab

Post by g8dhe » Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:23 pm

I use both grommets, the one in front of the driver I just make an extra hole close to the centre hole that is in use, or un-tape the corrugated tube used for the existing wires but that is usually more difficult! Likewise on the passenger side, you need to drop the glove box out and then shine a light up into the corner and you will see the grommet - I normally just push a screwdriver thru, then tape the wires onto the screwdriver from the bonnet side and pull them back thru.
See here for the drivers side one;
bonnet_wiring_path.jpg
The above photo's were taken part way thru, all the wires end up inside my own corrugated tube for protection by the end of the process.
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
Alkers
Bongolier

Re: Where to? Taking wires from leisure battery through to cab

Post by Alkers » Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:48 pm

Another option is through the air ducting and into the passenger footwell

Return to “Techie Stuff”