Name that conversion!

Questions & answers about kitchen units, stoves, fridges, heaters, water tanks, seats, mattresses etc etc.

Moderator: Doone

mikeyr
Junior Bongonaut

Name that conversion!

Post by mikeyr » Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:21 pm

Hi all, brand new Freda owner here, loving it already.

Generally all seems in good nick and electrics all seem to work well. Has a fridge, hob and sink in the back along with some random buttons!

I wondered if anyone recognised the conversion, doesn't seem to have a manufacturer name marked anywhere but searching Google images brings back thousands of similar but not quite the same results...

Just want to know what the switch for van/car/neither does, it's fitted with a leisure battery obvs.
Attachments
IMG_20210213_114111.jpg
IMG_20210213_114211.jpg
IMG_20210213_114004.jpg
mikeyr
Junior Bongonaut

Re: Name that conversion!

Post by mikeyr » Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:25 pm

Primarily these switches! šŸ¤£ Assume pump is water, lights is... Well... Lights. Aux is plugs? But what's the battery voltage option, should it be in one for car, two for van or zero for neither? I had thought it would be the Japanese stuff I'd struggle to operate, not this! šŸ¤Ŗ

Thanks for looking!
Attachments
IMG_20210213_114046.jpg
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:30 pm

Those panels are on eBay and used by lot s of converters and DiY so source of conversion ...
The first switch (3-position) selects either the Starter Battery, Off, Leisure battery.
The power supply perforated metal box next to EHU RCD and switching feeds the panel as well and will run the items connected to it when Off and when a battery is selected will also work as a charger.
However like all conversions treat them as unique, whilst there is a common way of installing them there are lots of variations some understandable, some less so :-)
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
mikeyr
Junior Bongonaut

Post by mikeyr » Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:23 pm

Thanks g8dhe - can see it appears to be a CP3 unit. Dumb question but if the button selects the power supply (e.g car = main battery, van = leisure battery) is it best left on 0 when not using the rear of the van? I can find a million references to the unit but no manuals :lol:
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:37 pm

There is no manual for that sort of panel to be honest, its just a simple switching panel.
Which position is best .... well depend son how you use it, never leave it on Car/Starter battery without a specific known reason for doing so! if there is any current being drawn then its coming from your starter battery and a couple of weeks later or even overnight you may flatten the SB, so never put it on Car/Starter unless you have a specific reason!
For me I always leave it on Van/Leisure Battery as I know what I have plugged in and I want those devices powered even when the van is parked up. However different people have different approaches, if you leave it on Off then nothing will be drawing power via the panel, however the 12 volt sockets probably don't come via the panel anyway so they will be drawing power if you leave anything plugged in them anyway.
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions

Return to ā€œCampervan Conversions in Bongosā€