Key fob and central locking

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

Greig
Junior Bongonaut

Key fob and central locking

Post by Greig » Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:07 pm

Hi folks, just a quick one (not sure if it’s been asked before but couldn’t see anything)
Ever since we bought our van there has been an issue with our locking. It’s as if someone is continuously locking the van with the fob every 5 mins or something. As it’s only trying to lock it’s not been a huge issue but if we don’t use our van for a while it tends to run down the starter battery. Has anyone has this problem?

I don’t think it’s the fob. Any advise would be appreciated.

Cheers
Often I use my windscreen wipers instead of my indicators.
Greig
Junior Bongonaut

Re: Key fob and central locking

Post by Greig » Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:27 pm

Also I think my locking could be coming of the leisure battery? :shock: It wouldn’t lock with the fob when we where flat and just taken it a drive, now it’s working. #-o Confusing
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:49 pm

Its very common for the unswitched supply to be switched over to the leisure battery as that runs quite a few things that you use in the van which you wouldn't want running the starter battery down - like the internal lights and radio. Hence the door lock controls are powered from the LB but the actual power for the solenoids / motors for the door comes from the starter battery.

As to the intermittent closing then you really need to check the receiver and its connections to the central locking switching in pre-2002 vans then its done within the drivers door, as the central locking is a separate module, post 2002 then the door locks are 5-wire working with the control module under the dashboard.
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
Greig
Junior Bongonaut

Post by Greig » Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:07 pm

Thanks for the reply! I have a 2000 v6. Any idea what I should be checking for? Is it just a case of replacing the receiver?
nth
Bongolier

Post by nth » Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:13 pm

Have you tried taking the battery out the remote to rule out the remote being faulty?
95 2.5d 4WD AFT
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:29 pm

Greig wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:07 pm Thanks for the reply! I have a 2000 v6. Any idea what I should be checking for? Is it just a case of replacing the receiver?
Not really, if your going to fix it yourself you will have to diagnose the where the fault is, as above take the battery out of the remote and see if its the remote fob transmitter that is sending unwanted extra signals. Also check out the usual drivers door loom which carries the lock and unlock signals from the mechanical lock switch to the control module that runs the central locking for all the other doors - I assume they are operating at the same time ? If the drivers door is locking it suggests that the Fob/Receiver/door solenoid is the problem area, if its just the other doors then the loom or control module.
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
Greig
Junior Bongonaut

Post by Greig » Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:30 pm

Thanks gents. Will investigate tomorrow
VadimCr
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by VadimCr » Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:55 pm

It would be much easier to get to a emergency locksmith near me service. Locksmith will show you the problem and will fix it if you would like to, I am pretty sure the price is good enough, so try to ask for a locksmith help next time

Return to “Techie Stuff”