Carrying a Paddleboard - options

All about modifications, shiny alloys, chrome wheel nuts & mirrors, body skirts and much more!

Moderator: Ian

Beakerboo
Junior Bongonaut

Carrying a Paddleboard - options

Post by Beakerboo » Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:15 pm

Hi, Im thinking of getting a SUP for the summer. No idea how to carry it on the bongo or even if you can and if so I might look at inflatable. What options do I have for roof racks and attachments (mine is a AFT); board size is approx 11 ft long. I have a fiamma bike rack on the back..

thanks for the help

Mark
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Re: Carrying a Paddleboard - options

Post by g8dhe » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:11 pm

Inflatables tend to go inside but can be carried up top but mind the speeds best to make sure its upside down and a rope to the bumper.
If you go for hardboard then no problems 14' race board can carry two if needed, see here http://www.g8dhe.net/bongo_images/roof_ ... .php?ind=5
Having one of the telescopic 2m ladders works well inside as well. That's from Rye Harbour prior to a Channel crossing couple of years back.
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
Beakerboo
Junior Bongonaut

Post by Beakerboo » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:15 pm

Brilliant thanks! And how do you secure the boards onto the roof?? Was it just directly on the the top somehow or on a rack???
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:34 pm

Usual types of straps on the roof rack, if my son does it he prefers his own cam straps, whilst if I load them up I use ratchet straps, but there can be other variations lol;

Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions

Return to “Pimp My Bongo”