Should I bother to shop around

Who's hot and who's not? Good tips and bad rips....

Moderator: Ian

mellon man
Bongolier

Should I bother to shop around

Post by mellon man » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:18 pm

HI
Some advice please is it worth me getting quotes if so where should I look ? as My Annual Bongo Camper Insurance is due I've been with Lifesure for past 4 years Over the 4 years the renewal has increased around £100 even though my no claim discount is now 4yrs and I now live in a lower risk Postcode area.
Thanks....
Bob
Supreme Being

Re: Should I bother to shop around

Post by Bob » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:28 pm

definitely get some quotes.

Few minutes searching around and free.

Could save a wedge, but make certain you are buying a quality policy. Lowest quote for my second car came in at a ridiculous £50, a quick read of reviews of the company told the story... :lol:
mellon man
Bongolier

Post by mellon man » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:41 pm

Thanks for advice bob, Any ideas on where to look for quotes ? as I've been on comparison sites but could not find any much cheaper than my renewal for similar level of cover and often from company's that are unknown to me..
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:30 pm

Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
rita
Supreme Being

Post by rita » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:17 am

mellon man wrote:Thanks for advice bob, Any ideas on where to look for quotes ? as I've been on comparison sites but could not find any much cheaper than my renewal for similar level of cover and often from company's that are unknown to me..

In that case it looks like the premium Has risen for your vehicle across the board,personally I would contact your present company with the view to looking for a better price using the usual patter.Or contact their competitors/rivals in this field ,I believe it might be the 2Gether company.(looking at the post by Geoff) they are definitely.

Good Luck.
mellon man
Bongolier

Post by mellon man » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:24 am

I'll try that thanks Rita when I find some better quotes - no luck yet!
Ian
Supreme Being

Post by Ian » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:59 pm

Feedback indicates that the best deals at the moment are with Caravan & Camping Club, as long as your vehicle is registered as a Motorhome on your V5. If not, try Insurance Factory.
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.
mellon man
Bongolier

Post by mellon man » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:45 pm

Thank you for help and advice and yes it was worth shopping around.
Cheers to Ian as the insurance factory was good £6O cheaper than Lifesure at £183 for simular cover with £50 less Excess
So sorted for another year!
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:29 pm

Well worth a little prod around.. =D>
mellon man
Bongolier

Post by mellon man » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:51 pm

Yes it can be a pain having to give all the details over and over again (and if it's over the phone having to listen to the terms & conditions) just to get a quote but glad I didn't give up.
One thing I did find on the price comparison sites was might look cheaper but once I matched them with the cover I had eg Legal cover, low compulsory access and 90 days European cover they were not so cheap.
Also be careful as when one of the comparison company's phoned me after my enquiry they were convinced that a Mazda Bongo was a car #-o and if I had not said that it was a Camper Van they would have insured it as a car :x
rita
Supreme Being

Post by rita » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:04 am

Good result,who is your new Insurance Company.

Good Luck
mellon man
Bongolier

Post by mellon man » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:41 pm

The Insurance Factory Rita.
Could have got around £20 cheaper if I did Admirals Multi Car Cover with 2 other vehicles but I'd rather my insurance renewals staggered through the year as apposed to paying one large lump sum for all my vehicle insurances together.
But may be worth getting a quote if paying that way suites you and you have more than one vehicle to insure.
rita
Supreme Being

Post by rita » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:59 pm

mellon man wrote:The Insurance Factory Rita.
Could have got around £20 cheaper if I did Admirals Multi Car Cover with 2 other vehicles but I'd rather my insurance renewals staggered through the year as apposed to paying one large lump sum for all my vehicle insurances together.
But may be worth getting a quote if paying that way suites you and you have more than one vehicle to insure.

The Insurance Factory is probably the Agent/Broker, I was wondering what Insurance Company they put you through.?

Good Luck.
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:06 pm

Can't understand it. Driving since 1968 with no accidents and one speeding conviction in 1988. Been with one company with Bongo for 9 years. Area B theft risk (i.e. good), only 5k miles a year, no commuting now i'm retired, kept on gated drive. But cost has risen from £281 to £388, with no explanation. Upon calling them they reduced it to £311 if i join their club. So, why have i not been offered this before. And even then the cost has risen while my use/risk has dropped. You're left thinking this is not how an industry/company should behave with their low risk policyholders?
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:44 pm

They all do it Mike.

Car, house, you name it.

When we sorted Father in Law's affairs he was paying £900 to insure a very low risk Renault in a good area.

An idle look showed he could have paid a third of that, and as for 'deals' from a well known charity concerned about older folks... :mrgreen:

Return to “Insurance”