Bongo Relay sought: Fife to Manchester

mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Bongo Relay sought: Fife to Manchester

Post by mikeonb4c » Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:14 am

Hi All.

I'm wanting to buy Geoff's Waeco CF18 coolbox but he's in Fife and I'm in South Manchester. Just wondering if anyone might be heading from the Fife area towards the Manchester area, maybe over Christmas, and able to give it a lift to anywhere near here (i could rendezvous). I'd be really grateful if so.

Thanks in hope [-o<

Mike
Jim the Box
Tribal Elder

Re: Bongo Relay sought: Fife to Manchester

Post by Jim the Box » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:26 am

Mike I'm travelling to Preston around the 11th Dec and possibly into Manchester next Sunday/ Monday, however I'm in eastlothian it's about an hr and a quarters drive from fife to where I stay, if someone can get it to me in East Lothian, i could possibly get it down to you, I would normally nip over and get it for you but I'm trying to get ahead with work next week so I can make the trip south.
"Today's rain is tomorrow's Whisky"
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being

Post by mikeonb4c » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:52 am

Jim the Box wrote:Mike I'm travelling to Preston around the 11th Dec and possibly into Manchester next Sunday/ Monday, however I'm in eastlothian it's about an hr and a quarters drive from fife to where I stay, if someone can get it to me in East Lothian, i could possibly get it down to you, I would normally nip over and get it for you but I'm trying to get ahead with work next week so I can make the trip south.
Thanks Jim really appreciate that and have PM'd you. As you say, it depends on someone travelling past you from Fife. And to complicate things this end i have to be away myself next weekend. I'm thinking that if all else fails and provided Geoff is ok to store it for me, i could combine Muz's proposed Highest Pub in Scotland meet next March with picking it up. I'm wanting one more than anything for when i retire next April and might want to go Bongo touring.
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being

Post by mikeonb4c » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:04 am

Well Jim could take the coolbox and leave it with a friend in Manchester for me to collect when i get back. But we'd still need someone travelling from Fife to Jim's place at Haddington, East Lothian before Saturday when he heads off for Manchester. Its a long shot i know but thought i'd flag it up in case anyone is travelling that route. Meanwhile very big thanks to Jim regardless for offering. I'm really grateful. =D>
vanvliet
Supreme Being

Post by vanvliet » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:13 pm

I can take it to the Kinross motorway services if that helps as I have to go across to Falkirk
Geoff
Origo bio stove - no Bongo!
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being

Post by mikeonb4c » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:02 pm

vanvliet wrote:I can take it to the Kinross motorway services if that helps as I have to go across to Falkirk
Geoff
Arrrrgghhh - so near and yet so far! I'm not sure Jim has any free time this week though, from what he said, but i'd better let him reply. My concern is also that no-one is out of pocket on fuel so i would insist on reimbursing (plus a beer or two) if anyone has to go out of their way. I'd suggest a courier as they seem quite cheap but i suspect you are (rightly) concerned about fragility and packaging issues.
vanvliet
Supreme Being

Post by vanvliet » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:19 pm

Hi Mike
Yes,there no way I would trust this to a courier. Jim tells me that he has no free time this week and Falkirk is about the same distance to him as where I live in Fife! I still have a couple of possibilities but time is getting on. We will be away on a break from Friday as it is my wife's birthday. I am due to do a bit of metal detecting on Thursday at a local farm which has been arranged for ages and so cannot call off
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being

Post by mikeonb4c » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:32 pm

vanvliet wrote:Hi Mike
Yes,there no way I would trust this to a courier. Jim tells me that he has no free time this week and Falkirk is about the same distance to him as where I live in Fife! I still have a couple of possibilities but time is getting on. We will be away on a break from Friday as it is my wife's birthday. I am due to do a bit of metal detecting on Thursday at a local farm which has been arranged for ages and so cannot call off
Don't worry if we can't make this work, most important at our age not to stress it. If all else failed i could try and fit collecting in with the highest pub meet next March if nothing turns up relaywise between now and then. Can't thank you and Jim enough.
Jim the Box
Tribal Elder

Post by Jim the Box » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:03 pm

Geoff,
I'm not leaving until the early hrs of Sunday morning for down south, however I am working during the day on saturday and I'm at functions Friday and Saturday night as I play in a band, my wife will be at home Friday evening and Saturday evening and will be around most of Saturday daytime so if there is any way it can be brought down before say 10.30 pm Saturday evening I will certainly get it to mike.

Jim...
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being

Post by mikeonb4c » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:14 pm

Jim the Box wrote:Geoff,
I'm not leaving until the early hrs of Sunday morning for down south, however I am working during the day on saturday and I'm at functions Friday and Saturday night as I play in a band, my wife will be at home Friday evening and Saturday evening and will be around most of Saturday daytime so if there is any way it can be brought down before say 10.30 pm Saturday evening I will certainly get it to mike.

Jim...
You play in a band? Woa! The reason i'm away this weekend is.....i played in a band 43 years ago (lead singer and strutter) and we're reuniting in a recording studio to see if the remains of us can still lay down a song or two. Music is such a pain eh? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't want either of you guys sweating this relay. If we can't make it work Geoff and me will work out another way somehow. :-)
Jim the Box
Tribal Elder

Post by Jim the Box » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:33 pm

Play keyboards and accordion, (squeezebox) hence "Jim the box" I could not think of a better name when I joined fury about 5 years ago. Played in organ/keyboards in several wedding bands, going right back to the 70's but now it's mostly accordion work (as it's much more portable) and I do a few ceilidh's at weddings usually about a 1hr spot along with a disco or rock band or pop band, so I'm home from most gigs about 10 pm, leaving the superstars finish off the evening, suits me fine, when I think over the years I flogged my guts out at 5 and 6hr weddings.
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being

Post by mikeonb4c » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:56 pm

That makes a whole lot of sense Jim. Staying up till 3am drinking Jack Daniels and pretending to be a rock star lost its appeal (if it ever had one!) a looooong time ago :lol:
vanvliet
Supreme Being

Post by vanvliet » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:59 pm

Music? - - certainly sir - - - - - - I have more clearout items - a Yamaha flute and a Belgarth Bodhran ! :)
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being

Post by mikeonb4c » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:03 pm

vanvliet wrote:Music? - - certainly sir - - - - - - I have more clearout items - a Yamaha flute and a Belgarth Bodhran ! :)
Nooooooooooo [-X [-X [-X :lol: :lol: :lol:
vanvliet
Supreme Being

Post by vanvliet » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:15 am

Temptashun :) :)

Return to “Scotland”