Camper Share

Anything non-technical about the Mazda Bongo Friendee van

Moderators: Bongoplod, aitch

Pip
Apprentice Bongonaut

Camper Share

Post by Pip » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:58 pm

I am currently considering a CAMPER SHARE project with a Freda 4 berth. The insurance is easily sorted and allows two addresses the camper can be stored at and standard "share agreements are readily available. Am currently thinking that a THREE share at £2000 a share would work best, giving two weeks in the school summer holidays per share and loads of weeks during the rest of the year including possible alternating half terms etc.

any sensible comments, ideas or enquiries welcome.
It would be based in Bed/Bucks area
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Re: Camper Share

Post by mikeonb4c » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:30 am

Pip wrote:I am currently considering a CAMPER SHARE project with a Freda 4 berth. The insurance is easily sorted and allows two addresses the camper can be stored at and standard "share agreements are readily available. Am currently thinking that a THREE share at £2000 a share would work best, giving two weeks in the school summer holidays per share and loads of weeks during the rest of the year including possible alternating half terms etc.

any sensible comments, ideas or enquiries welcome.
It would be based in Bed/Bucks area
I've often wondered if a Bongo syndicate could work but this is the first time i've heard of it. Sounds a great idea to me - we do it with gliders all the time. Good luck and let us know how it goes. Allow a sensible maintenance budget and have thorough annual inspection and maintenance done winter going into spring before season start to avoid downtime when it matters.
BigPanzer
Tribal Elder

Post by BigPanzer » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:47 am

Hi,

Interesting idea, don't see why it wouldn't work with the right people. Its not uncommon with aircraft, boats etc and I know from one of my "previous lives" that its been done with historic military vehicles. I know of at least 2 WW2 tanks that are, or were, syndicate owned.

Peter
Jillygumbo
Supreme Being

Post by Jillygumbo » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:08 pm

This may work for some people but I wouldn't want to share my baby with anyone at any time! I won't even let the OH drive him.
Jillygumbo, Tonto & Ruca
The night conceals the world, but reveals the universe!
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:59 pm

All good points, I had a share of an aircraft for may years and it worked very well.

Make sure you agree on all the details such as what to do if one party wants to sell their share, also what to do about minor damage not covered or worth claiming on insurance. If one party turns out to be a right pain can the other two vote them off and buy their share?

Smoking allowed, pets allowed?

Tank to be left full after use?

Keep a log of who has it and when incase someone pops a speed camera or gets parking tickets etc.
Bongoplod
Supreme Being

Post by Bongoplod » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:46 am

May work,but I could forsee problems if the water boiled over,and the following arguement of "you shouldve stopped straight away"...."didnt you notice the temp guage rising "etc,and the then refusal to chip in for the repairs,blaming the user at the time of being responsible.
Would have to be thoroughly discussed/thrashed out between buyers before signing up.re
In fact,are you aware of the Bongo`s Achilles Heel??
But good luck with the venture.

Brian
Confucious once said " To be fluent in Bongolese is to hold the key to the world!"
winchman
Supreme Being

Post by winchman » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:47 pm

Personally having seen similar I wouldn't touch it, just buy your own for £2000.

Return to “Bongo Chat”