End of an Era

Talk about non-Bongo stuff. BUT KEEP IT CLEAN....there are children watching. Smut, filth, and anything offensive will not be tolerated and removed immediately.

Moderator: Bob

Bongoplod
Supreme Being

End of an Era

Post by Bongoplod » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:27 pm

Well,the Static caravan we owned at Bolton le Sands has gone.

Due to personal reasons,its had quite a lack of use recently,which wont change,so I decided to give it up.
Cheque received today from the site who`ve bought it back,so thats it.......Gone.
Lost a packet on it,but knew that when we bought it,just thought it wouldnt be so soon.
Anyway,the sale will now fund a hi-top and full conversion including seat reversal,on my tintop,so Happy Days !!!!!

Still,Im gutted :cry:

Brian
Confucious once said " To be fluent in Bongolese is to hold the key to the world!"
Bob
Supreme Being

Re: End of an Era

Post by Bob » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:33 pm

Oh bo££*<$ Brian.

We can't see the future so do what we have to, but sorry to hear your 'Holiday Space' has had to go. :(

Lots more support I'm sure. :)
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:04 am

Bob wrote:Oh bo££*<$ Brian.

We can't see the future so do what we have to, but sorry to hear your 'Holiday Space' has had to go. :(

2nd that. Currently nailbiting over a narrowboat for similar reasons.

Brian, have you considered upsizing a tad to the likes of a hiace with a torquey diesel engine (sacrilege i know but...)
Bongoplod
Supreme Being

Post by Bongoplod » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:47 pm

mikeonb4c wrote:

2nd that. Currently nailbiting over a narrowboat for similar reasons.

Brian, have you considered upsizing a tad to the likes of a hiace with a torquey diesel engine (sacrilege i know but...)
Thought of the likes of a Romahome Mike,but recent models are silly money,so If im buying an old vehicle,it may come with nasty surprises,so better keeping the vehicle I know is sound,and spending on a conversion for it.

Brian
Confucious once said " To be fluent in Bongolese is to hold the key to the world!"
Bongoplod
Supreme Being

Post by Bongoplod » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:55 pm

intend to get me moneysworth
Will miss the "holiday space" Bob,but as im paying lotsa dosh for my conversion,I intend to get my moneysworth
,and do lotsa bongoing....so,hopefully, see ya at your southern meets :)

Brian
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:03 am

Brilliant, I'll treat you to a cider. :D
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:58 am

Do a v thorough check for rust etc Brian before investing a lot in a conversion. Adrian at JapanDirect says Toyotas are better than Bongos in that respect. You'rr probably looking at £10k for a reasonable 2nd hand Hiace conversion less what you might get for the Bongo. I like to pretend i'm going to buy then go for a few test drives - i did that with Bongos and ended up buying one :-)

But converting your Bongo has a lot of merits and i love keeping an old friend if its serving me well. And the narrowness and compactness of the Bongo can't be beaten which is v valuable in an everyday drive.

Return to “Off Message”