Map of LPG stations

Anything non-technical about the Mazda Bongo Friendee van

Moderators: Bongoplod, aitch

iansimpson888
Apprentice Bongonaut

Map of LPG stations

Post by iansimpson888 » Tue May 31, 2016 10:31 am

Hi there, not sure if this belongs in this forum, but hopefully somebody has some advice. I've been on a few long roadtrips, Isle of Skye, Dumfries, Snowdonia, Angelsey, etc and I am heading over to mainland Europe in the next few weeks. I've got an LPG conversion on the bongo and have been muddling along with a combo of websites, pre-trip searches, and where needed running/filling on unleaded. Has anybody found a decent phone app or actual handbook/map; or anything else that would be a handy resource? I guess it's not the end of the world to run on petrol when needed but would rather not lose the benefits of LPG. Cheers!!!
weebrian
Bongolier

Re: Map of LPG stations

Post by weebrian » Tue May 31, 2016 4:49 pm

Well worth having a look at this site. http://www.go-autogas.com They produce an annual book of maps that list all current LPG supplies and include a POI download for your satnav. For £7.95 you get the book, POIs and unlimited access to the website. I've found it invaluable over the years. Update each year as suppliers seem to come and go. Note that this is UK only.
Brian
iansimpson888
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by iansimpson888 » Tue May 31, 2016 8:52 pm

Thanks!!! Don't mind paying at all if it saves me having to shell out on the expensive stuff every now and again!!!
psquiddy
Bongolier

Post by psquiddy » Tue May 31, 2016 9:37 pm

http://www.lpgmap.co.uk/

Has free gps downloads and searchable map.

Bear in mind that a lot of BP stations have removed their LPG over the last 12 months so it might not be entirely up to date.
Over 300 free things to do in London
http://www.toplondondaysout.co.uk
Simon Jones
Supreme Being

Post by Simon Jones » Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:22 am

I use the FillLPG app on my Android phone. Automatically updates prices and locations, as well as displaying all stations within a specified radius and links to Googlemaps for sat nav. If you go to Skye, the Coop just over the bridge had the cheapest in the area last time I was up that way.

For France, you'll need to buy an adaptor but get one from a station when you're over there. I made the mistake of buying a European kit before I set off but found it made a very poor seal and I think I lost more gas than I was able to get in the tank. Germany is a different adaptor while Poland is the same as UK. LPG is not that common in France so it's wise to plan ahead but they are out there and can by found at some hypermarkets too.
Jim the Box
Tribal Elder

Post by Jim the Box » Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:47 am

There is also "get LPG" which I have used on several occasions for uk stations.
"Today's rain is tomorrow's Whisky"
Simon Jones
Supreme Being

Post by Simon Jones » Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:39 pm

Found a pic of the two French adapters. I think the bad one is on the left. The O-ring is too big so gets compressed and distorted which forms a poor seal. Got the other one at a motorway service station and it worked perfectly.

iansimpson888
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by iansimpson888 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:11 pm

Thanks for the info!! I'll give these a look.

Return to “Bongo Chat”