The end or an era

Anything non-technical about the Mazda Bongo Friendee van

Moderators: Bongoplod, aitch

Griffin
Bongolier

The end or an era

Post by Griffin » Mon May 09, 2016 5:16 pm

Hi Folks, as per the title it's the end of an era, after 10 years of ownership I have finally acted on the need for a bigger van and have bought a LWB to house all my extra stuff that I seem to need to take away with me !

I've spent hours on these forums (not so much recently), I've taken ideas (like the reversing seat rail mod), shown pictures of the various different pods/cupboards and storage I have made for myself and growing family over the years and even met one or two of you in passing.

I cannot imagine it'll be as friendly elsewhere but it's got to be done.

Billie Bongo is still going strong although needs a fair bit of TLC but you should see some of the other vans available for triple the price and in really bad condition, it's amazing. (oh and this isn't an advert)......if only Mazda made a long wheel base and fatter version :shock:

I'll miss the waves as I go past other Bongo's, the inquiring looks when we turn up and people (still) don't know what it is and the ability to park just about anywhere. If I forget and you see a bloke driving a bright blue non-Bongo van waving at you , have some sympathy and wave back.

Happy Bongoing......... :D
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Re: The end or an era

Post by mikeonb4c » Mon May 09, 2016 7:49 pm

Take care dude and keep in touch :-)
Bob
Supreme Being

Re: The end or an era

Post by Bob » Mon May 09, 2016 7:51 pm

Big wrench, but agree with Mike.