VW at Scottish motorhome exhibition

Talk about non-Bongo stuff. BUT KEEP IT CLEAN....there are children watching. Smut, filth, and anything offensive will not be tolerated and removed immediately.

Moderator: Bob

Jim the Box
Tribal Elder

Re: VW at Scottish motorhome exhibition

Post by Jim the Box » Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:26 am

mountainmummy wrote:Well we had a good nosy, still really like the Wildax Solaris sadly don't have £48,000 to spare at the moment.

Bonus, we bumped into Mulshy and co.

Sara
As I said Sara hardly a motorhome or campervan to be seen under £40k, yet we sat and had a coffee at the Preston motorhome section and, all their sales guys were busy signing people up for deals, it may be a sign of the times with all the troubles in various parts of the world, and people staying in dear old Blighty.
"Today's rain is tomorrow's Whisky"
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:12 am

Read exactly that on the 'Caravan Times' site, Jim.

They recon sales are up 12 per cent due to the world's troubles.

Means campsites will be full of new peeps with no idea. :roll:
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:23 am

All the more reason for going for the Bongo and caravan option i reckon. Both can be got cheaply by comparison and the front half is fab as an every day drive even if you can't find a free campsite, and for driving around it once you've unhitched and set up camp (plus the caravan or side awning reserves your space for your return from a day outing). :wink:

These expensive motorhomes are very alluring and might make sense if you're sure you're going to do a lot of continuous touring, but i suspect many may be very under used.
philpdr
Tribal Elder

Post by philpdr » Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:47 pm

mikeonb4c wrote:All the more reason for going for the Bongo and caravan option i reckon. Both can be got cheaply by comparison and the front half is fab as an every day drive even if you can't find a free campsite, and for driving around it once you've unhitched and set up camp (plus the caravan or side awning reserves your space for your return from a day outing). :wink:

These expensive motorhomes are very alluring and might make sense if you're sure you're going to do a lot of continuous touring, but i suspect many may be very under used.
Think you've hit the nail on the head there Mike.
mulshy
Bongolier

Post by mulshy » Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:09 pm

mountainmummy wrote: we bumped into Mulshy and co.

Sara
It's always good to see familiar faces in amongst the masses.

Some seriously expensive vans up for sale there but the biggest
shock for us was the price of the car park,taking the train was a
good idea!
all the same but different

Return to “Off Message”