Henderson RIP

Pets like Bongos! Anything to do with dogs, cats and other Bongo animals, you can post here. But please keep photo sizes within limits.

Moderator: helen&tony

Ian
Supreme Being

Henderson RIP

Post by Ian » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:29 am

Just to let you all know that Henderson passed away last night after a short illness. He would have been 8 in a couple of weeks time. We are both devastated.

Bye bye Henderson.
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Re: Henderson RIP

Post by helen&tony » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:20 pm

Hi
Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that....Dogs are the best part of any family!
Best Wishes
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.
mikeWalsall
Supreme Being

Post by mikeWalsall » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:34 pm

So sorry .. I know .. it's heart breaking ..
JAL Mushroom roof,12/240v, fridge, cooker, sink, LPG V6 .. (written off @ £5500 Nov 2016)
Doone
Supreme Being

Post by Doone » Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:06 pm

We're so very sorry to hear this Ian, it's always heart rending when it happens. Life is always better with dog hair in it.
We hope this, by Ernest Montague, helps.
"I wrote this several years ago in memory of Bolo, a black and white Pit Bull who would always go for a walk, right up to the day he died. He might only get 15 feet before he stopped and looked at me and gave me the look: 'I can't go any further. But don't you think for one minute I'm done walking.'"

"Some of you, particularly those who think they have recently lost a dog to 'death', don’t really understand this. I’ve had no desire to explain, but won’t be around forever and must.

Dogs never die. They don’t know how to. They get tired, and very old, and their bones hurt. Of course they don’t die. If they did they would not want to always go for a walk, even long after their old bones say: 'No, no, not a good idea. Let's not go for a walk.' Nope, dogs always want to go for a walk. They might get one step before their ageing tendons collapse them into a heap on the floor, but that's what dogs are. They walk.

It’s not that they dislike your company. On the contrary, a walk with you is all there is. Their boss, and the cacaphonic symphony of odour that the world is. Cat poop, another dog’s mark, a rotting chicken bone (exultation), and you. That’s what makes their world perfect, and in a perfect world death has no place.

However, dogs get very very sleepy. That’s the thing, you see. They don't teach you that at the fancy university where they explain about quarks, gluons, and Keynesian economics. They know so much they forget that dogs never die. It’s a shame, really. Dogs have so much to offer and people just talk a lot.

When you think your dog has died, it has just fallen asleep in your heart. And by the way, it is wagging its tail madly, you see, and that’s why your chest hurts so much and you cry all the time. Who would not cry with a happy dog wagging its tail in their chest. Ouch! Wap wap wap wap wap, that hurts. But they only wag when they wake up. That’s when they say: 'Thanks Boss! Thanks for a warm place to sleep and always next to your heart, the best place.'

When they first fall asleep, they wake up all the time, and that’s why, of course, you cry all the time. Wap, wap, wap. After a while they sleep more. (remember, a dog while is not a human while. You take your dog for walk, it’s a day full of adventure in an hour. Then you come home and it's a week, well one of your days, but a week, really, before the dog gets another walk. No WONDER they love walks.)

Anyway, like I was saying, they fall asleep in your heart, and when they wake up, they wag their tail. After a few dog years, they sleep for longer naps, and you would too. They were a GOOD DOG all their life, and you both know it. It gets tiring being a good dog all the time, particularly when you get old and your bones hurt and you fall on your face and don’t want to go outside to pee when it is raining but do anyway, because you are a good dog. So understand, after they have been sleeping in your heart, they will sleep longer and longer.

But don’t get fooled. They are not 'dead.' There’s no such thing, really. They are sleeping in your heart, and they will wake up, usually when you’re not expecting it. It’s just who they are.

I feel sorry for people who don’t have dogs sleeping in their heart. You've missed so much. Excuse me, I have to go cry now."
Allan's closed. We recommend PGS (Plymouth Garage Services) or Mayflower Auto Services in Plymouth.
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:18 pm

Really sorry to hear that very sad news Ian.
redz79
Bongonaut

Post by redz79 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:30 pm

Hi Ian
so sorry to hear Henderson has passed away ,dogs travel along life's road with us for such a short time and then they are gone, the pain of loss goes away but the memories stay forever. god speed Henderson.
rgds Ian Dawn Peat & Belle
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:35 pm

Really sorry to here such sad news.

A dog is such a big part of your family, always loyal and there for you.

Su and me are both thinking of you.
francophile1947
Supreme Being

Post by francophile1947 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:05 pm

Very sorry to read that Ian :cry:
John
(Evidence that intelligent life exists in the universe, is that it hasn't tried to contact us)
Dabs
Supreme Being

Post by Dabs » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:15 pm

Aww he was lovely......very sorry to hear that Ian and Marianne.

Dabs
Its Oh so quiet!!..Ex Terra Lucem!!..A Leopard can't change his spots!
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:16 pm

Ah so sorry to here this, great dog :-(
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
Simon Jones
Supreme Being

Post by Simon Jones » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:26 pm

So sorry to hear your sad news. Thinking of you both at this difficult time.
Northern Bongolow
Supreme Being

Post by Northern Bongolow » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:33 pm

my kids, my wife and i have been glad to share hendies bongo-ing for all his 8 years. what a lovely dog.

owners are a bit weird, but hendy was a good un.
Joe_anne123
Bongolier

Post by Joe_anne123 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:18 pm

I'm so sorry to hear this. It's so hard to lose a dog, they are truly one of the family. Thinking of you both.
Bongoplod
Supreme Being

Post by Bongoplod » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:14 pm

Sad news.know how youre feeling

Brian
Confucious once said " To be fluent in Bongolese is to hold the key to the world!"
Northern Bongolow
Supreme Being

Post by Northern Bongolow » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:54 pm

emma says sleep tight buddy. O:) O:) O:)

Return to “Bongo Furry!”