Garage in Sheffield

Moderator: Ian

Birdy1000
Apprentice Bongonaut

Garage in Sheffield

Post by Birdy1000 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:57 pm

Hello, I'm new to this forum and just bought a bongo, I live in Sheffield and was wondering if anybody can recommend a garage to take it too to have the coolant system given a once over, we've just done a trip of around 400 miles with no issues but would still like for abit of peace of mind someone with bongo knowledge to look at it and check for any potential problems, a Thank you
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Re: Garage in Sheffield

Post by mikeonb4c » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:09 pm

Very sensible precaution, if only everyone did that...... :roll:

Someone posted this on another thread (about a garage in Sheffield, no doubt google will reveal their contact details).
Hi
Not sure if I'm posting this in the correct place!

I'm currently at Dore Service Station having a pre holiday check done on my van.
I can't recommend this garage highly enough to other Bongo owners. I've been coming here for a couple of years now and the 1 hour drive from Wakefield where I live is well worth it. They are knowledgable and trustworthy and I have been meaning to leave them a review on here for ages but haven't done only due to my internet ineptness!!

They have serviced my van, changed ATF, cambelt, brakes, wheel alignment and fault finding on my electrics. There aren't many places you can go these days and be assured of good service but this is certainly one of them
!! Thanks very much to Tony and Jason for your excellent service!!

I've also used Bongo spares (J L Bongos) in Halifax who did me a great job in changing my suspension from lowered to standard and fitted my Airlift system on the back! Another great job that I'm really pleased with and has made a real improvement to my handling/ ride quality and ability to drive fully laden with passengers/bike rack/ roof box! Thanks everyone for your great work.
Hope this helps, enjoy the Bongo :-)
thevanarchist
Bongonaut

Post by thevanarchist » Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:01 pm

I've heard decent things about Dore Service Station (www.doreservicestation.co.uk) in Sheffield, but have not used them personally - I'm in West rather than South Yorkshire.
JoeC
Bongolier

Post by JoeC » Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:32 pm

Dore are expensive but can give you a loan vehicle if requested in advance.

Return to “Yorkshire & North East”