Oil pressure gauge

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

the.sasquatch
Bongolier

Oil pressure gauge

Post by the.sasquatch » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:19 am

Hi All, I am have been fitting some extra gauges to my Freda to help keep an eye on the engine and cooling system. I've already got my water and oil temp gauges installed and working but i'm not sure where to fit the sender for the oil pressure. is there a spare port on the block that is blanked off that i could use or would i be best to use the original sender location? I have an oil line and T piece so I can remotly locate.

Thanks

Andy
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Re: Oil pressure gauge

Post by helen&tony » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:08 pm

Hi
You will have to plumb in a remote "T" piece, as there is no clearance on the block to add a "T" in situ, because of the block casting. I have oil, and a fair few gauges....errr....about 12 so far :lol: :lol: :lol: ...probably more coming!
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.
the.sasquatch
Bongolier

Post by the.sasquatch » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:13 pm

helen&tony wrote:Hi
You will have to plumb in a remote "T" piece, as there is no clearance on the block to add a "T" in situ, because of the block casting. I have oil, and a fair few gauges....errr....about 12 so far :lol: :lol: :lol: ...probably more coming!
Cheers
Helen
Thanks, thats what i figured. I'm going to try and get it fitted at the weekend hopefully shouldn't be too much trouble to get it done 8)

Thanks

Andy
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:35 pm

Hi
Yo might find the thread on the block tricky , as you'll need a hose with the right fitting to screw into the block.I use braided stainless and I have my sender strapped to the chassis, and the oil light "T"d off it . I was originally supplied with a hos that did not have a taper-fitting, so be careful...I believe mine was 1/8 NPT for a Subaru Imprezza, but you'll have to check. If you don't have a supplier, I can recommend one via P.M.
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.
the.sasquatch
Bongolier

Post by the.sasquatch » Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:33 pm

Yeah it looks a bit tricky to get at, I've got a hose left over from a previous project and i'm pretty sure it's got the right thread.

All going well i should have them all in and working saturday afternoon.

Thanks

Andy
rita
Supreme Being

Post by rita » Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:45 pm

Hi Andy,it might be worthwhile looking for another take off point, these are sometimes allen plugs, on you engine (presuming its a Diesel) I would look on the n/s of the block towards the front of engine .It might be inline with the original oil SW.

Good Luck.
the.sasquatch
Bongolier

Post by the.sasquatch » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:11 pm

rita wrote:Hi Andy,it might be worthwhile looking for another take off point, these are sometimes allen plugs, on you engine (presuming its a Diesel) I would look on the n/s of the block towards the front of engine .It might be inline with the original oil SW.

Good Luck.
Thanks, will take a look. It is indeed a diesel, I did have a quick look the other day and didn't spot anything but will have a proper dig around at the weekend

Will let you know how i get on.

Cheers

Andy

Return to “Techie Stuff”