Minimum vehicle value restriction with C&C club insurance

Who's hot and who's not? Good tips and bad rips....

Moderator: Ian

wiljim
Apprentice Bongonaut

Minimum vehicle value restriction with C&C club insurance

Post by wiljim » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:54 pm

I have just been declined a quote because my Bongo value is too low (£4500 is the approx cost once importation is completed).

Can anyone tell me what is the minimum value they will quote against?
Simon Jones
Supreme Being

Re: Minimum vehicle value restriction with C&C club insuranc

Post by Simon Jones » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:21 pm

Have you got a conversion fitted? They generally prefer to insure converted campers and if you have a conversion it may help push the value up. FYI, you can tell them it's worth £20K if you like which will be the max they will every pay out but the actual amount they will give you in the event of a claim will be influenced by the current market value.

For example, my Volvo was initially insured with a value of £7K when it had 112,000 miles on it. 5 years later, it has 221,000 miles on it so when I renewed I was asked what value I'd like it to be insured at. When I asked if I had it valued at £3K would it bring the premium down & the answer was no so I chose to leave it where it was. They will only pay out up to that value so there is no advantage to you under-valuing the vehicle as it probably won't reduce the premium & it certainly could leave you out of pocket in the event of a claim. My Bongo is insured via C,C & C for £12K which is a fair value considering the age, condition, conversion & extras such as LPG.
janie
Bongolier

Re: Minimum vehicle value restriction with C&C club insuranc

Post by janie » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:24 pm

Hi,

They are my insurers - I think I put £5000 (but it might actually have been lower). They've never asked me any details about what kind of conversion I have, just how many seat belted seats.

Return to “Insurance”