No Stickers Insurance policy!

Who's hot and who's not? Good tips and bad rips....

Moderator: Ian

helen&tony
Supreme Being

No Stickers Insurance policy!

Post by helen&tony » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:36 pm

Hi
I saw this on the BBC I/net homepage....I imagine this may be because of religious content, but it might pave the way for other companies to examine the sort of stickers applied!!!!
It's purely a personal opinion, but that's crazy!...so be careful if you don't tell the company that you have a sticker!. :roll:
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.
Simon Jones
Supreme Being

Re: No Stickers Insurance policy!

Post by Simon Jones » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:09 pm

You got a link for that Helen?
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:31 pm

Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:45 pm

My they're getting picky now.

Different colour carpets, new after market wiper blades, new radio - all 'Modifications'. :roll:
Simon Jones
Supreme Being

Post by Simon Jones » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:04 am

That story tallies with what I was told by my insurer when I asked what was classed as a modification. They said it is anything which makes it different to how it left the factory (which is what the risk, value and therefore premium is based on). The example I given was that even a window sticker would technically constitute a modification.
New Forest Terrier
Supreme Being

Post by New Forest Terrier » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:35 am

How on earth do they tell with a Bongo. Its like Trigger's broom. Mine had a Japanese owner who liked his gadgets and fancy wheels. He also destickered it to a stealth Bongo. A bin full of dead electrics and bits came off on import. A whole lot of bits then got added.This is still a work in progress. The main stuff, LPG and a full conversion plus it is now a five seater, are registered with my insurer but sorting out what was original and what is not, is not easy for the rest.

How do I portion out the side steps, side stripes, chrome grille, rear ladder, various bits of interior trim, uprated power supply in the back, tow bar and a collection of bumper stickers. Some him, some me. It changes every year as well. Bits go on and bits come off. Its a work in progress.

I suppose a photo at every insurance renewal. Its not like a certain model of car, kept for two years and then swopped.
The BewilderBeast - V6 Mean Green Tintop with LPG and 321 Away Montague Conversion
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:49 am

Hi
Ooopppsss, I thought I'd put the link on ...but, yes, that's the one
With certain stickers , I'll guess that it makes the vehicle a target...some other religion may not favour yours :wink: ...and smashed windows come to mind...but , yes, it's the land of the crazy in the UK now..
I see a change in the wind, though!.....Slap a sticker on and live dangerously.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: even if it ACTUALLY DOES make the Bongo go faster with "Go Faster" stripes :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.

Return to “Insurance”