Hozelock 1.25L pressure pump sprayer

Questions & answers about awnings, mattresses, and other things to make life on the road more comfortable. This section is for Bongo-specific kit only. No talk about backpacking tents here!

Moderator: Muzorewa

BongoBongo123
Supreme Being

Hozelock 1.25L pressure pump sprayer

Post by BongoBongo123 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:27 pm

My buddy was round and had one to clean off his muddy boots after a country walk and
I was impressed £12.00 on amazon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hozelock-1-25L- ... B0017RPI6Q

People might have uses for it, cold face spray on a hot summer day ? Quick hand wash in the event of your seats being in front of your Bongo kitchen sink. Help remove bird droppings from your Bongo?.. All sorts of uses. He uses it to clean his alloy wheels as well. Handy so thought would share.
Bob
Supreme Being

Re: Hozelock 1.25L pressure pump sprayer

Post by Bob » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:54 pm

Useful looking wee gadget, thanks. :)
Simon Jones
Supreme Being

Post by Simon Jones » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:11 pm

I've used cheaper version of the same thing for use around the van for waxoyl, Gunk etc. This one is only £4.50 and my local surplus store has the same sort of thing for about a fiver.

http://www.pestcontrolsupplies.co.uk/pu ... oCf-jw_wcB

Worth getting a few if you can them cheap. There's a 5 litre version with a pipe trigger nozzle that is usually sold for pesticide but Hozelock sell the same thing for twice the price as a portable shower or hose-free car wash tool.
BongoBongo123
Supreme Being

Post by BongoBongo123 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:56 pm

Yes good call, the Hozelock one did seem fairly solid I liked the feel seemed like good quality. But yes always a good call on a cheaper alternative. :D
Bongoplod
Supreme Being

Post by Bongoplod » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:24 pm

I have 5 Ltr one that I got from either Lidl or Aldi,look out on their websites as i think they come up now and again.
Ive used mine to wash the Bongo,clean the windows/frames,clean the caravan,and various other jobs around the house and garden
Came with 2 trigger nozzles,spray and jet and was the same price.

Brian
Confucious once said " To be fluent in Bongolese is to hold the key to the world!"
dave_aber
Supreme Being

Post by dave_aber » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:27 pm

BongoBongo123 wrote:People might have uses for it, cold face spray on a hot summer day ? Quick hand wash in the event of your seats being in front of your Bongo kitchen sink. Help remove bird droppings from your Bongo?.. All sorts of uses..
I have "Other Uses" for one of them.....
Image...Image
There are 10 types of people in this world.
Those that understand binary, and those that don't.
BongoBongo123
Supreme Being

Post by BongoBongo123 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:40 am

Got mine today, very solid bit of kit.
Getcarter
Bongolier

Post by Getcarter » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:50 pm

We always keep one full up in the bongo during the summer, perfect for hozeing down the kids from the beach or for a "tap" when camping. Great bit of kit

Love the Spud gun Dave!
V6 Tintop with LPG
Diplomat
Supreme Being

Post by Diplomat » Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:41 pm

I get mixed results from pressurised sprayers, particularly those with very fine nozzles

It all depends on what mixture is in them whether they clog up or not. The closer it is to neat water, the more likely they are to work every time.

I would not be without a solution of Aldi's Creme Bath liquid in a normal window cleaning pump sprayer kept in each vehicle. Apart from cleaning various 'shite' off the windscreen and interior, a quick spray on the hands cleans of most of the normal dirt of hands when topping up oil, water air etc. A roll of blue wipe paper complements it.

In our household we use that creme bath stuff almost universally for washing ourselves, washing up and washing clothes. It costs well under £1 for a litre bottle and is much more concentrated than most washing up liquids and laundry liquids, with the added bonus that it smells nice. It is the only washing liquid we take camping or on holiday. we generally just take a couple of 50ml screw capped squirter bottles with us (the type which will be familiar to ladies who dye their hair). When not squeezed too hard, these squirters can dispense only a small amount, which is all that is generally needed. However, a ready mixed sprayable solution is much handier in the car.

Quite often a trigger type container is easier to use than a removable top bottle, which needs two hands to open, so always worth having around.

Frank
My schoolmates idolised Biggles, I wanted to be Alcock & Brown
They flew, I took up naturism
Tony x
Tribal Elder

Post by Tony x » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:04 am

If you want to go one step further...

http://www.nomad-direct.co.uk/index.php

We're on our second one and we use ours loads. There are alternatives but none anywhere near as good.
Good customer service too although no in car charger is available for the Lithium batteries, which are far better than the Nicads, for which an in car charger is available.

Return to “Bongo Camping Equipment”