Camp sites in or near Cardiff

Dabs
Supreme Being

Camp sites in or near Cardiff

Post by Dabs » Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:06 pm

Hello Welsh Bongopeeps,

I am looking for any advice for any campsites around the Cardiff area as near as possible to the Millenium Stadium.
I have found one called Pontcanna Fields which seems to be quite close.
The Rugby League are to stage a 6 match weekend of action at the stadium so I get the chance to make the most of My two passions Rugby and the Bongo (Heaven :D ).It will be 5th and 6th May 2007.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Dave
Its Oh so quiet!!..Ex Terra Lucem!!..A Leopard can't change his spots!
David Edwards
Supreme Being

Post by David Edwards » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:54 pm

Pontcanna fields, if memory serves me well is within walking or staggering distance of the stadium and Cardiff on any sort of match day is well worth avoiding in a vehicle if possible. We have so many great camping areas in Wales. I will also try to arrange it so that the weather is fine for you too.Croeso i Gymru. ( welcome to Wales) But remember we have such a beautiful country that everyone has to pay to enter. :lol: Happy motoring.
flash

Pontcanna fields

Post by flash » Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:57 pm

I used to stay there regularly a few years ago when my daugter lived nearby. Owned & run by the council, it's good but not cheap. Got showers etc. Walking distance of city centre & stadium through park. Book as early as possible as it get lots of use when matches are on.

Return to “Wales/Cymru”