Sophie

Pets like Bongos! Anything to do with dogs, cats and other Bongo animals, you can post here. But please keep photo sizes within limits.

Moderator: helen&tony

al & chris
Tribal Elder

Sophie

Post by al & chris » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:50 pm

Sophie our dog is now 17 yr old. Our bongo we have had for 7 yr. Lots of brilliant trips with her, she loves sleeping in van. Now have to lift her into van as she can't jump up any more. Last trip 9 days North yorks moors. Brilliant! Stayed on a campsite at Hutton le hole. Walking, cycling with dog in trolley,fishing. Fantastic place to go.
mitch
Bongonaut

Re: Sophie

Post by mitch » Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:22 pm

The reason I bought my first Bongo was because of a 14 year old Parsons Terrier called Jake.He was a rescue dog and I couldn't stand the idea of him ever having to go into a kennel again.Best two things I have done over the last few years.Rescue a dog and own Bongo's!!
BigPanzer
Tribal Elder

Post by BigPanzer » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:21 pm

Al & Chris - that's a good age! We once met a border collie who was, according to her owner, 19. She was still enjoying life, but slowly!

Mitch - Our much missed Holly was a Parsons but most people just referred to her as a long legged Jack. She was one of a litter found dumped from a puppy farm in Wales just after Xmas (surplus stock?) and she died in my arms from an inherited neuro muscular disease at the ripe old age of 4. Lovely girl, definitely with a mind of her own!

Much of the time I prefer dogs to people.

Peter
al & chris
Tribal Elder

Post by al & chris » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:38 pm

BigPanzer wrote:Al & Chris - that's a good age! We once met a border collie who was, according to her owner, 19. She was still enjoying life, but slowly!

Mitch - Our much missed Holly was a Parsons but most people just referred to her as a long legged Jack. She was one of a litter found dumped from a puppy farm in Wales just after Xmas (surplus stock?) and she died in my arms from an inherited neuro muscular disease at the ripe old age of 4. Lovely girl, definitely with a mind of her own!

Much of the time I prefer dogs to people.

Peter
Yes she is slow, unless there is food around then she speeds up quite quickly. Sad about your dog they are best friends and companions. Ours is also a rescue dog, small collie cross
al & chris
Tribal Elder

Post by al & chris » Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:56 pm

This is her
Dabs
Supreme Being

Post by Dabs » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:03 pm

I too have a collie cross he is called Chip....he will be 18 next March.....he looks very similar to Sophie but she has more grey on her face than he does (can you say that to an old lady?? :lol: )...Chip was a rescue dog we have had him since 6 mths old!!
I also have a Jack Russell called Chesney he has just had his 6th birthday.......I reckon its he who keeps our Chip so young....he never gives him a minute :lol:.....it must be a good combo Collie and a JR!!!

Older forum users may remember Chesney is a pup from Daveblueozzies jack russells..Blue and Roo....hes a lovely little lad and looks just like Roo his Dad!!

Dabs
Its Oh so quiet!!..Ex Terra Lucem!!..A Leopard can't change his spots!
al & chris
Tribal Elder

Goodby Sophie

Post by al & chris » Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:01 pm

We lost Sophie on Friday night both gutted not sure what to do. How can we love dogs so much! Bongo days were brilliant with our little dog, she loved to sleep in bongo right up to the end.
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:18 pm

So very sorry to hear this sad news.

A dog is a big part of your life and your family.

RIP Sophie.
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:50 am

Hi
Sad news...but a good age...and , yes, they most definitely are "family"
There's always another one to rescue!
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.
Doone
Supreme Being

Post by Doone » Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:35 am

I'm so sorry to hear this. It's always heart breaking.
Allan's closed. We recommend PGS (Plymouth Garage Services) or Mayflower Auto Services in Plymouth.
Jillygumbo
Supreme Being

Post by Jillygumbo » Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:58 pm

RIP Sophie. Looks like she enjoyed her life with you camping.
Jillygumbo, Tonto & Ruca
The night conceals the world, but reveals the universe!
redz79
Bongonaut

Post by redz79 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:11 pm

RIP Sophie. the pain of loss fades away but the memories stay with us forever. she looked so comfy in the cart, what a lucky dog .
rgds Ian
BigPanzer
Tribal Elder

Post by BigPanzer » Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:06 pm

Hi,

After reading this I re-read the post by Doone on the Henderson thread. One of the most beautifully expressive pieces of prose I have ever seen.

You may think that no dog can ever replace Sophie, but when you think you are ready, there is, somewhere in a rescue centre, a dog that is waiting to find you. We always maintain that you do not chose a dog, they "just happen". Sooner or later one will chose you as guardians and your life will be complete again.

Thoughts are with you both

Peter

Return to “Bongo Furry!”