Leisure Battery

Questions & answers about awnings, mattresses, and other things to make life on the road more comfortable. This section is for Bongo-specific kit only. No talk about backpacking tents here!

Moderator: Muzorewa

markley
Junior Bongonaut

Leisure Battery

Post by markley » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:50 am

I am just not sure what the Leisure battery in my Bongo runs exactly, or how it actually works.

I am assuming that when the engine is turned off the leisure battery (fitted in the front bonnet area) runs the lights and the cigarette lighter but I don't know this for sure.

I have the 8 seater diesel version and nothing added into the vehicle to run off the batteries.

The cigarette lighter in the rear of the vehicle, does this run off the leisure battery when the engine is turned off?

Sorry but I have no idea at all.
Thanks for input
kind regards
:?
wonkanoby
Supreme Being

Re: Leisure Battery

Post by wonkanoby » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:07 am

depends what been moved over

just see what works with ignition offand main battery disconnected
windywatson
Tribal Elder

Re: Leisure Battery

Post by windywatson » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:59 pm

Hi,

if you dont have a camper conversion, then I suspect that the battery that you are thinking is a lieeure battery may well be an aditional starter battery.
In Japan if the vans were used in the colder climate the vans were fitted with an additional starter battery to aid cold starting. I suspect that is the case with your van. I'm sure you can find threads about it on the furm.

cheers.
Windy-Watson
2001 V6 Tin Top

Return to “Bongo Camping Equipment”