Easy Camp Daytona or Cayman Snapper

Questions & answers about awnings, mattresses, and other things to make life on the road more comfortable. This section is for Bongo-specific kit only. No talk about backpacking tents here!

Moderator: Muzorewa

Jinsin456
Bongonaut

Easy Camp Daytona or Cayman Snapper

Post by Jinsin456 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:50 am

I'm having quite a dilema looking at awnings. My choice has been narrowed down to an Easy Camp Daytona or a Cayman Snapper.

I've read the Daytona reviews and watched the vids and it seems basically perfect apart from the tunnel flapping and a few other silly little things. I can't really find anything comprehensve about the Snapper and the fit to a Bongo etc.

They are the same price although the Snapper come with free Figure of 8's which I think is the best way to go.

I'm looking to use the awning as a kitchen/seperate living area possibly with an inflatable couch.

Any help would be great as I'm completely 50/50 between the two.
Annandale
Bongonaut

Re: Easy Camp Daytona or Cayman Snapper

Post by Annandale » Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:01 pm

We have had a daytona + a footprint for 3 yrs. We use it for eating, cooking, extra teenagers sleeping, getting changed etc Its fine. Easy to put up just me and one kid. High enough inside for 6ft 2 husband. yes it does flap a bit in the tunnel but figure of eights don't fall off and I tie one end to front bumper and one to far side rear wheel if it is gusty. Only quibble is the windows don't open, I'd like to have openable netted windows for midges. It looks like the snapper doesn't have windows at all?' And you need an extra bit of ground sheet to cover between van and tent. Poundland does perfect ones for . . . £1. I buy six at a time and chuck them when the underside gets too muddy

Return to “Bongo Camping Equipment”