leisure battery eggy

Questions & answers about awnings, mattresses, and other things to make life on the road more comfortable. This section is for Bongo-specific kit only. No talk about backpacking tents here!

Moderator: Muzorewa

stark
Bongonaut

leisure battery eggy

Post by stark » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:18 pm

321 conversion

The battery is cooked.
Questions.
1.Can I just replace of might there by underlying issue
2. If I disconnect the battery will the electrics still work on a hookup?

Cheers
Bob
Supreme Being

Re: leisure battery eggy

Post by Bob » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:24 pm

There shouldn't be a problem replacing the LB, but I haven't looked at it.

It may work on Hook Up without a battery, but some systems need a battery to smooth things.

Sorry this is a fairly useless answer. :?
winchman
Supreme Being

Post by winchman » Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:10 pm

It should be ok with out a battery but you must insulate the terminals as they will then be live as the circuit tries to charge the battery. If funds are tight just go to the scrap yard and get a car battery
roosmith
Tribal Elder

Post by roosmith » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:05 pm

Assuming that the old battery has just come to the end of it's life (what do you mean by cooked?) you should just be able to replace it. I wouldn't recommend running without a battery though. Without a battery you are relying on the charger to run all your 12v electrics. This might be ok for just a couple of LED lights but the charger is not designed for this and if you have a 12v fridge for instance, that will damage the charger as it is not designed to give that much output (especially on start up). You could install a 12v power supply, capable of delivering the current you need but it would be better (and just about as cheap) to replace the battery.
Vivaro named Stewart however ex '96 4wd 2.5TD owner.

Return to “Bongo Camping Equipment”