Front shock absorber KYB part No.

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

volamoose
Bongonaut

Front shock absorber KYB part No.

Post by volamoose » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:24 am

Hello, excuse me if this question has been answered elsewhere, but having used the search facility and read most of the posts something like this I still can't fathom a clear answer to my question.
I have a weeping fron shock absorber, and as kyb seem to be very reasonably priced they are the preferred option, but all the listings appear to be for models up to 1995.......so I have an N reg model with the lowered springs from Bell's? I think was the place ( they used to have an ad on the front page here). So do any of the experts here know which part number of kayaba shock fits the bill, or have overcome this problem already?
Thanks Brian
Bingo, Bango.........
Simon Jones
Supreme Being

Re: Front shock absorber KYB part No.

Post by Simon Jones » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:05 am

This thread discusses KYB part number for rear shocks, but you should be able to google the answer (or contact a KYB stockist).

http://www.igmaynard.co.uk/bongo/forum/ ... YB#p627497
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Re: Front shock absorber KYB part No.

Post by helen&tony » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:58 pm

Hi
The KYB pre-'95 shockers are for the Bongo Brawnee...not the same vehicle at all
KYB shocks are the ones Mazda use , I believe, and for most purposes, original Mazda shocks are more than adequate. They can be had from main dealers, or contact Allans , or Ian in the Club shop to see what you can get!...
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.

Return to “Techie Stuff”