Bongo accessories

Dr Fingers
Supreme Being

Re: Bongo accessories

Post by Dr Fingers » Tue May 20, 2014 4:22 pm

Sorry to be a pest, but can you confirm that the Fiamma VW T4 version fits a Bongo with no drilling?

I don't want to get this wrong.. :)

Thanks

Derek
Driver+Passengers
Supreme Being

Post by Driver+Passengers » Tue May 20, 2014 4:28 pm

Dr Fingers wrote:Sorry to be a pest, but can you confirm that the Fiamma VW T4 version fits a Bongo with no drilling?

I don't want to get this wrong.. :)

Thanks

Derek
If you want to keep the spoiler, you'll need to modify the spoiler. Geoff's T4 fits on my van, having had a small amount of gentle tube bending in it's early life and a minor mod to the bottom clamps under my ownership, to fine tune the fit. You don't have to drill the tailgate for either, I don't think. I measured up and went at my spoiler with a couple of hole saws, a hacksaw and a file. Fits nice, now. Mirror is still in place and I can still see the tow hitch.
Image Image
What she doesn't know won't hurt me.
Dr Fingers
Supreme Being

Post by Dr Fingers » Tue May 20, 2014 4:34 pm

Great, don't have the spoiler so no problem there. I'm not the most mechanically minded, but I can prob manage to bend a tube or two.

Many thanks to all, I'd be lost without this place :D

Derek
vanvliet
Supreme Being

Post by vanvliet » Tue May 20, 2014 4:40 pm

I wouldnt jump too quickly to buy a new one Derek, you might just be lucky . If you are patient and look around I reckon you could get a good s/h one for much less than the cost of a new one as there are lots of VWs about . If you need to buy extra bike rails etc be careful because all fiamma stuff is pricey and it soon adds up - - - -
Origo bio stove - no Bongo!
Dr Fingers
Supreme Being

Post by Dr Fingers » Tue May 20, 2014 5:01 pm

There's one on *bay, currently @ £50..It's in my sights...best price new so far £189 delivered..

Derek
vanvliet
Supreme Being

Post by vanvliet » Tue May 20, 2014 5:32 pm

Be Careful - make sure that it is not a a 'double door' model. It should actually be advertised more accurately with the model number 'D' after the T4. It will not fit a Bongo. You need the one for the lift up tailgate T4 VW.
Origo bio stove - no Bongo!

Return to “Scotland”