Bongo Fest South West

If you are going away somewhere and don't mind meeting up with other Bongo owners or if you've been somewhere & want to tell us about it & stick up your photos, put the details here.

Moderator: Jillygumbo

Ian
Supreme Being

Post by Ian » Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:37 pm

More details on this. On arrival each occupant will be issued with a "meal ticket" for 1 free visit to the Saturday evening bbq.

Each Bongo will also be issued with a raffle ticket. First prize £100 of vouchers to spend at Bongobits, 2nd prize a filter set, plus lots of other give-aways.

Draw followed by barbecue 6pm Saturday evening.

There will also be keenly-priced breakfasts available on Sunday morning.

Many thanks to Mark & Chris at Bongobits, and Tim (site owner) for sorting this out.
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.
Ian
Supreme Being

Post by Ian » Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:43 pm

By the way, due to late cancellations, there are still places available for this event. So if you want to make a late decision to come along, phone me on 0114-2376627 before 7pm tonight.

We also have some electric hook-ups available again, so if you want to upgrade, talk to me on arrival.

We aim to be there for 12 noon Friday. See you there!
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.
crazy uncle gray g
Supreme Being

NEWS FLASH !

Post by crazy uncle gray g » Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:01 pm

:roll: Having read the last post, I have now been in contact with the Bongo Lord himself no less, and have managed to upgrade to an electric hook up, :arrow: This of course is excellent news, because it now means Crazy Gray G`s CIDER TENT can have its :idea: P A R T Y L I G H T S :idea:
cheers! party on dudes.
Dago & Mrs D
Supreme Being

Post by Dago & Mrs D » Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:59 pm

That's a good idea, Crazy. I'll see if I can locate the Christmas lights in the attic. It looks as though the Bongomaster has been as good as his word and has organised good weather! Ian, if I give you my holiday dates for next year can you book good weather for them too please?

Mrs. Dago
Simple Simon
Bongonaut

Post by Simple Simon » Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:06 pm

Blast....missed the 1900 deadline for upgrading to a hookup.

Still as we haven't got a hook up on the Bongo or a lead I suppose it doesn't really matter!!!!

I'm doing (another) night watch tonight so will probably be setting off down the M25/M3/A303 car parks about 1400/1430.

Hope that I don't miss the official switch on of Crazy's cider tent illuminations!! Who is the celebrity????

See you tomorrow.

PS If anyone wants an alarm call between now and 0700 tomorrow morning just let me know!!
Dago & Mrs D
Supreme Being

Post by Dago & Mrs D » Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:42 am

Alarm call at 7am? Too late for us - it's 3.45am and we are just setting out! This time of day (night) should be banned! See you there!

Mrs. D
Keswick

Post by Keswick » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:03 pm

Have a ball everybody!
Bertie Bus

Post by Bertie Bus » Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:51 pm

OH God how EMBARASSING :oops: :oops: Fancy tunring up late (past 10pm) on Friday!!! It took us over 5 hours to get there :roll:

In our defence, We had a bum drive down, kids were bored, our usual route was off limits. (Not quite sure why?) Ended up in Somerset at one point! If I had the time it would make a great tale from the Bongo! :roll: :roll:

Anyway, It was a great w/e and we can't wait for the next one. Thanks to Kerry for going through the motions with their factory fitted kitchen, and to the couple with the 3 year old daughter, and the fabulous home made hammock bunk. As I mentioned it could quite a money spinner.

Also thanks to Bob and his front end towbar. What an absolutely fabulous idea :!: :!:

Thanks very much to Ian and Marianne organising the event, and the kids football at next years bongo bash sounds like a great idea. Must get our booking in early - must also try and get there a little earlier too :oops: :oops:
bongobits
Bongonaut
Location: Unit 202-204 Faraday Mill Business Park, Plymouth, Devon, PL4 0SP

Post by bongobits » Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:06 pm

Hope everyone had a good time at the bongo fest, myself and mark were pleased to put a few faces to names and especially pleased to meet Ian and co. Nice selection of Bongos although some were out for the day when we had a look round.
We hope the BBQ went down well sat night and hopefully the Raffle Was a success!!

Many thanks to Ian and Tim the Campsite owner
http://www.bongobits.com
t. 01752 250777
now breaking bongo's - all parts available!!
Shop online now @www.bongobits.com
Dago & Mrs D
Supreme Being

Post by Dago & Mrs D » Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:26 pm

May I thank Ian most sincerely for all his hard work & efforts over a really brilliant weekend. (He did state that this was to be a chill-out weekend), but as ever he was on the go the whole time!

Bongobits, may I also thankyou for providing the evening Barbie & raffle prizes, as well as the gifts for all whose bongo's were parked up.

We were lucky enough to do rather well on the prizes and will be in touch !

Thanks again.

Dago
samuel
Bongolier

Post by samuel » Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:45 pm

Big thanks again to Ian and Marianne for organising a fun weekend at Seaton. And to Bongobits for their generous donation of prizes, gifts and BBQ food.

It was good to meet new and old freinds. The weather was glorious and the view over the Axe staggering.

Cheers. Here's to the next Bongo meet. And long may they continue.

Tim and Family :D
"Living the Dream"
crazy uncle gray g
Supreme Being

Another great weekend

Post by crazy uncle gray g » Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:23 pm

:D A BIG Hi to all that went to the SW Bongo Fest, and a thankyou to the Bongo Lord and Marianne for their efforts, as well as a thankyou for the Bits and bobs and burgers from Bongobits. Kerry and I had a real good weekend in this lovely little spot even though it was a bit of a hike back up the hill from Seaton (did you notice that Ian :?: ) Here`s a couple of photos of some of the Bongo crew

And here`s that smashing view from the site. Oh and one of Crazy`s Cider tent :P

cheers! party on dudes.
pgray
Bongonaut

fourk candles

Post by pgray » Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:54 pm

sorry we couldnt get to this meet we had no staff for pub :cry: it looks a good site hows it going crazy forkandels ha hope to get a meet here soon best of luck on your electrics for tent bar :lol:
four candles
Dago & Mrs D
Supreme Being

Post by Dago & Mrs D » Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:25 am

More views of the South West Fest

Mrs Handyman

Post by Mrs Handyman » Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:36 am

Great pictures Dago, looks like everyone had a good time. Wish we could have made it, but living afloat means alot of upkeep on the boats (our 2 week annual holiday starts this Saturday in wetdock, painting the boats :shock: )
Hoping to make it to more bashes next year and give the bongo a good time :D

Sharon

Return to “Fancy Meeting up & Bongo Trips”