Bongo Fest South West

If you are going away somewhere and don't mind meeting up with other Bongo owners or if you've been somewhere & want to tell us about it & stick up your photos, put the details here.

Moderator: Jillygumbo

crazy uncle gray g
Supreme Being

WHO ME?

Post by crazy uncle gray g » Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:20 pm

:roll: Any port in a storm MR & MRS DAGO :wink: But never fear you bring some of your local Brew again, and Gray G will supply the New Forest Scrumpy :P Sounds like a party to me :lol:
cheers! party on dudes.
Bonza

Post by Bonza » Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:23 am

Devastated!

Had to cancel our place at SW 'Fest. Ian should have rearranged someone to take our slot.

Lovely Bongoing July esp. having moved to the SW. Few light jobs around the house like moving 10 tons of hardcore. Slight nagging back pain turned out to be a fractured vertebrae! Pain unbearable but the morphine is making me a liability. Have rearranged the hall furniture overnight , measured a bathroom and marked the tiles out in baby shampoo. Finally relieved myself in the guests bathroom while they laid in bed watching me. Time to back off the medicine me thinks. Tried a 10 mile run with me crouching in the rear of the Bongo. Bloody painfull.
So, its no fest for me and Mrs Bonza.

Have a great time all. Mrs B says if we can motor up (its about35 miles) without too much pain and injury (really do have to take it seriously this time) we might call in as a day visitor. Would that be ok?

Stay safe all
Stuart and Margaret
Ian
Supreme Being

Post by Ian » Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:05 am

That would be good. We'll have a series of ropes and pullies ready to get you out of the van! :D
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.
bongobits
Bongonaut
Location: Unit 202-204 Faraday Mill Business Park, Plymouth, Devon, PL4 0SP

Post by bongobits » Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:32 pm

We are pleased to announce that as a company we will be providing something for everyone attending the Bongo Fest, details to be finalised but having spoken to Ian at Bongo towera and the Campsite Owner they are both happy for us to give you guys something back for all of your custom, Hope everybody has a good time and one of us might well pop along on the Saturday Night

Bongobits
http://www.bongobits.com
t. 01752 250777
now breaking bongo's - all parts available!!
Shop online now @www.bongobits.com
Bertie Bus

Post by Bertie Bus » Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:54 pm

Mrs Bonza, can fully appreciate the agony YOU must be going through too!!! Mr Bus, slipped his disc back in January, and we still haven't heard the last of it yet :roll: The pain, the agony, its all too much............

Seriously though Bonza, I really do hope you get well soon. It must be absolute agony for you. Mr Bus spent a week in bed unable to move through pain, then was OD'd on codine by the doc on call, which resulted in a short stay in hospital.

Morphine on the other hand is a fantastic drug, and I would recommend it for you too Mrs B, if it ever gets too much and you can't bare the pain yourself. :wink: :wink:
Dago & Mrs D
Supreme Being

Post by Dago & Mrs D » Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:59 pm

My sympathy to you Bonza - Dago used to suffer from a bad back for years, frequently he couldn't stand, sit, walk, lie down or do anything. Then we bought a waterbed and since then he has only had a bad back once and that was when we were away in Turkey. Blissfully comfortable and does wonders for the back.

Whoops, we seem to be slipping off the topic - perhaps no one will notice!

Mrs Dago
Simple Simon
Bongonaut

Post by Simple Simon » Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:07 pm

Instant water bed for the bongo.... leave the roof zips, side door and windows open. (And wait for the rain!!)

Simple Simon, herself and No4 will be there. Took some ducking and diving to get the watch bill changed for the weekend off, but where theres a Bongofest theres a way!!!

Simple Simon is the other attendee from Bucks!!
Bonza

Post by Bonza » Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:28 am

Thanks for the kind words re back trouble.
Mrs B has taken to jumping out of bed to follow me around at night just to see what I'm getting up to.
There is a plan a foot in this household to put it around that I'm putting her clothes on at night but here the rub, I can't disprove it or for that matter even enjoy it as I'm so zonked out.
Strangley enough we both enjoyed sleeping on the bed of our unconverted Bongo with a thickish duvet between us and the seats. Removing the middle headrest helped.

Have a great 'fest Bongoliers

Bonz 8)
Dago & Mrs D
Supreme Being

Post by Dago & Mrs D » Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:43 am

I hope the weather is going to be better next weekend than it is this weekend (howling gale and pouring with rain here). Has anyone any faith in the weather forecasters who are saying we are going to have an Indian summer when this little lot has passed through?

Mrs. D
Ian
Supreme Being

Post by Ian » Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:57 am

I absolutely GUARANTEE that the weather will be perfect. Which is why I picked next weekend for the fest. 8)
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.
Bertie Bus

Post by Bertie Bus » Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:14 pm

Me thinks Ian has paid the "man in charge" a fair sum for providing us with the perfect weather!!!! :lol:
Dago & Mrs D
Supreme Being

Post by Dago & Mrs D » Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:30 pm

Let's hope "the man in charge" hasn't done a runner with Ian's dosh without providing the goods! If the sun shines Friday to Sunday we will all be on our knees to the BongoMaster! (Actually the forecast looks quite promising - fingers being kept crossed from the rest of the week).

Mrs. D
Bertie Bus

Post by Bertie Bus » Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:23 am

Do you think we could sue Ian if this glorious weather doesn't materialise?? :twisted: :twisted:
handyman

Post by handyman » Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:31 am

We are celebrating our 50th wedding aniversary....ok,ok it's only 5...but feels like 50 :roll: Anyway had things booked elsewhere so could'nt book for this weekend away but hope the weather is fine and you all have a pleasant fun time :lol:
Incidently it's VW van fest time this weekend so anyone travelling around the Malverns beware of vdubs clogging the roads up.
Happy day's
bongobits
Bongonaut
Location: Unit 202-204 Faraday Mill Business Park, Plymouth, Devon, PL4 0SP

Post by bongobits » Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:27 am

We are pleased to announce we have arranged a BBQ on sat night courtesy of ourselves for you guys, and will be providing some really good prizes for the raffle. Myself and Mark will be attending saturday during the day so feel free to say Hi as we wander around
Hope you all have a great time

Chris and the tema @ Bongobits
http://www.bongobits.com
t. 01752 250777
now breaking bongo's - all parts available!!
Shop online now @www.bongobits.com

Return to “Fancy Meeting up & Bongo Trips”