Teething problems

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

ballybongo
Apprentice Bongonaut

Teething problems

Post by ballybongo » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:56 am

Hi, Ive recently aquired a 1996 Ford Freda (Bongo) and have encountered more problems with it than I anticipated.Im working my way through the defects pre MOT and to date have had to replace the alternator and try to resolve a few essential lighting problems,eg side lights and number plate fuse blowing,fog light not working etc. The passenger side front brake is seizing and the speedo is not working. The most critical issue at present is the speedo where the previous owner had just installed a replacement speedo faceplate and may not have reconnected it properly. I would appreciate any advice, re the wiring arrangement at the dashboard and where it connects to the gearbox sender. The existing fact sheets on speedo conversions unfortunately dont cover this. Ive already had the unit partially removed from the dashboard to check if there were any loose connections but everything appeared to be ok. There was however one grey coloured loose wire which had a "blind" end on it. My knowledge of vehicle electrical work is rather limited but before I engage an "expert" I prefer to check for the obvious first, Any advice will be appreciated.
jaylee
Supreme Being

Re: Teething problems

Post by jaylee » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:18 am

ballybongo wrote:There was however one grey coloured loose wire which had a "blind" end on it.
Hi, you don't happen to have an aftermarket alarm CL unit installed with a "remote start" function perchance...?
Cheaper by comparison to a race horse...

Return to “Techie Stuff”