Bongo Roof Cover

Questions & answers about awnings, mattresses, and other things to make life on the road more comfortable. This section is for Bongo-specific kit only. No talk about backpacking tents here!

Moderator: Muzorewa

helen&tony
Supreme Being

Re: Bongo Roof Cover

Post by helen&tony » Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:50 pm

Hi Mike
Struts or webbing straps would both stop the AFT gong bonkers...as I say, use the awning hook-loops one side, and fit a similar on t'other!...bolt fixings to the top of the AFT
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.
Jazzybhoy
Junior Bongonaut

Post by Jazzybhoy » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:44 am

My Dad has been. Playing golf for 49 years and still isn't very good at it....
I've owned a Bongo for 1 month and a Comfortzleisure Roof Cover for 2 weeks and I think its excellent. I cant compare it to the club version as I haven't tried it. So I'm not going to be sycophantic and gush about how much better one is than the other when I'm ignorant to both.
I may have owned a Bongo for just a month but I'm certainly not a novice in camping accessories.
I will admit the next and first time I see a bongo with solar panels I will poi t them in the right direction.... Err
Mark Elvin
Tribal Elder

Post by Mark Elvin » Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:49 am

Does the club cover stay on when the roof if down or does it need to be removed?
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:14 am

Mark Elvin wrote:Does the club cover stay on when the roof if down or does it need to be removed?
I'm guessing both types of cover needs removing.
briwy
Supreme Being

Post by briwy » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:09 pm

We have been using a topper from comfortz for about a year now
Really excellent bit of kit and Nick will do custom ones as well
Hes just modified ours to have a "window" in so that the solar panel stkll works witb the topper on
Used it in winter in Scotland where it kept us warm and toasty in the roof as it traps a layer of air between the roof and topper

Return to “Bongo Camping Equipment”