Allithwaite site

Stayed at a good site? Or a really poor one? And what about wild camping? Put your comments here.

Moderator: westonwarrior

MarcT77
Bongolier

Allithwaite site

Post by MarcT77 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:35 pm

Can anyone point me to the name and contact details for the site in Allithwaite please ?
Looking for 1 or 2 nights mid week next week Ta !
Poohbear
Tribal Elder

Re: Allithwaite site

Post by Poohbear » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:04 pm

MarcT77
Bongolier

Post by MarcT77 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:11 pm

I did use Google... But wasn't sure if that site was the one I was after.... :?
Thanx for your assistance though 8)
MountainGoat
Supreme Being

Post by MountainGoat » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:14 pm

Pixie and the Moon is the local contact for the place where club meets are held. But you have to be aware that this Allithwaite is not a campsite but a Village playing field to which a small number of hook-ups have been installed via the field floodlights. The field probably has a limit to the number of days that it can be used each year.

No idea if we can use the field when Pixie is not around as the toilets and showers are located in the village hall next to the bowling green on one side of the field. The village hall uses the toilets and the showers are in the team changing rooms.

Just send a PM to Pixie who lives just up the road from the field and she will contact you. In any case she will respond to you if she finds this post.

Tony
Former SGL5 Owner Jeep Cherokee 2.5CRD Burstner Ixeo Time it585
MarcT77
Bongolier

Post by MarcT77 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:24 pm

Thanx for the info Tony,tha's just what I needed.
I was being uncertain if it was the right place,cos a search on here turned up
Pixies post code for the site,but it was different to the campsite reviews code... :^o
Debs and David
Tribal Elder

Post by Debs and David » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:52 pm

If you send Jo (PixieandtheMoon) a pm I am sure she would be happy to accommodate you. The hook ups are on the village field as Tony says, £12 per night with ehu and £10 without. We have camped when there wasn't a meet on and Jo wasn't around. We get use of the building that houses the village hall, where there are toilets, shower and kitchen. All proceeds from camping go towards the upkeep of the village hall etc. I think I have that all right. Jo will tell you anyway. There is a pub within walking distance, which has lovely tasty meals, and I can recommend the pizza's, they are massive. The pub also allows dogs.

Hope this helps.

:D :D
Debs & David

You Need Degas to Make De Van Gogh
MarcT77
Bongolier

Post by MarcT77 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:06 pm

Sounds perfect Debs,we like a quiet site... already sent a PM to Jo :wink:
karena
Supreme Being

Post by karena » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:21 pm

when you fall in love with the place like some of us have done, have a look at the steam fair thread -and come to the meet -we are all sober quiet people nothing like the nutters we might appear to be on the thread - honest.
MarcT77
Bongolier

Post by MarcT77 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:24 pm

karena wrote:when you fall in love with the place like some of us have done, have a look at the steam fair thread -and come to the meet -we are all sober quiet people nothing like the nutters we might appear to be on the thread - honest.
Cheers Karena,I've had a read already but wanted this quiet couple of nights to check the place out
and familiarise ourselves .
So glad Freda passed her MOT today,she's got a busy week ahead,Gloucester
with the oldies for 2 days (Forest of dean) is close by and then up to Allithwaite...
karena
Supreme Being

Post by karena » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:23 am

MIne failed MOT yesterday :cry: :cry: :cry:
but i knew it would, i just wanted to find out exactly what the damage was and how much it would cost -thankfully i have found a chap with a welder and the damage both financial and to my beloved bongo is less than i feared - she will live to ride another day. \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
i hope you enjoy Allithwaite.

Return to “Campsites”