National Bongo Day New Forest Royal Oak Pub Lunch

To celebrate 10 years since the formation of the Bongo Fury owners club, Sunday 24th February 2013 has been designated as National Bongo Day. What we have in mind is a series of events in various locations across the UK & Ireland where Bongonauts can get to meet each other and perhaps have a Sunday lunch.

Moderator: Ian

Venue for New Forest Bongo Day

Poll ended at Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:36 pm

Royal Oak near Bealieu
77%
Fawley Scout Hut
15%
Other please suggest
8%

Total votes: 13
Jillygumbo
Supreme Being

Re: National Bongo Day New Forest Royal Oak Pub Lunch

Post by Jillygumbo » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:23 pm

Well done for completing the organisation on this Mary. Looking forward to seeing you at Setthorns first.
Jillygumbo, Tonto & Ruca
The night conceals the world, but reveals the universe!
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:39 pm

Looks like we will be down on Saturday to Setthorns, and possibly Sunday night as well if the weather is any good. Just waiting to get the Bongo back from the garage now, where cam seals and cam belt have just been put changed! So count us as confirmed Mary.
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
loruntz135
Junior Bongonaut

Post by loruntz135 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:55 am

Just seen the list....
loruntz x3 and Rich, Helen and Adam are one and the same.
really looking forward to the weekend
The great thing about multitasking is that several things can go wrong at once
Softverge
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by Softverge » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:45 pm

please be aware that Piston heads are having a car rally at beaulieu 200 cars on display plus other vehicles to add to ususal holiday traffic. but will see you at theroyal oak anyways.
bobalong
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by bobalong » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:32 pm

Hello all
Got my Bongo in June love him. me and the kids have called him Bob!
Haven't had the courage to come to any bongo meets but would like to go to this one. I'm in London and reading this post it looks like people are staying at Setthorn. Can anyone take me under their wing as I'm a newbie. Do I need to let anyone know that I want to come along, do I need to book for lunch etc.
My name is Vicki and my girls are Charlotte 7 and Sophie 3 (and Lucky our little chihuahua loosely known as a dog!) :?
hammy67
Bongonaut

Post by hammy67 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:06 pm

on sunday avoid Bealieu at all costs due to the car rally taking place there there are easy ways around if coming from bournemouth head for the A31 then M27 junction 2 follow all the way ( 6 roundabouts)take exit for bealieu and royal oak is along that road dont take the roundabout signposted lyndhurst and bealieu

If coming from setthorns campsite go to brockenhurst then up to lyndhurst turn take turning for bealieu and bealieu road station follow road until past the railway station and take turning on left for hythe follow this road until you come to the main A326 take last exit and up hill to next roundabout and take last exit again towards bealieu royal oak along this road

can never tell with traffic at bealieu sometimes you can just breeze though the village other times we have waited for 2 hrs ,when they have events on but we normally get the heads up on to avoid or not and this seems to be a popular event due to being one of the first in the year
umbongocat
Supreme Being

Post by umbongocat » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:32 pm

bobalong wrote:Hello all
Got my Bongo in June love him. me and the kids have called him Bob!
Haven't had the courage to come to any bongo meets but would like to go to this one. I'm in London and reading this post it looks like people are staying at Setthorn. Can anyone take me under their wing as I'm a newbie. Do I need to let anyone know that I want to come along, do I need to book for lunch etc.
My name is Vicki and my girls are Charlotte 7 and Sophie 3 (and Lucky our little chihuahua loosely known as a dog!) :?

Hi Vicki. I'm one of those staying at Setthorns. I'm no longer in a bongo though but in a bit motorhome. Everyone is really friendly and we'll all toake you under our wings :) I've booked for Setthorn for Thursday, Friday and Saturday night. I'm from London too but heading up there tomorrow so I can get some work done in the van on Friday :)

It's well worth going to a meet and getting to know everyone. We've met some wonderful people who we are still friends with despite not having our bongo anymore. Really a friendly and welcoming club and most the peeps I've come across have been great :)

PM if you want any more details of my van if you want to find me :) It's an Eldis Autoquest 180

No booking for lunch required apparently :)
I love cheese!
New Forest Terrier
Supreme Being

Post by New Forest Terrier » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:28 pm

Good information on the Pistonheads rally at Beaulieu. Which gate do they use for rallies? Is it the main gate in the village or the side gate on the Beaulieu to Lyndhurst road.
The BewilderBeast - V6 Mean Green Tintop with LPG and 321 Away Montague Conversion
hammy67
Bongonaut

Post by hammy67 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:25 pm

from what i been told it is going to be exhibitors in at the side gate which is inbetween the royal oak and bealieu and everyone else will use the main entrance
New Forest Terrier
Supreme Being

Post by New Forest Terrier » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:28 am

Looks as though all will be OK then. The exhibitors will arrive early and leave late. It is February after all. Plus it is the end of the school holidays, so a lot will be on their way home. Just avoid the main entrance.
The BewilderBeast - V6 Mean Green Tintop with LPG and 321 Away Montague Conversion
New Forest Terrier
Supreme Being

Post by New Forest Terrier » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:36 am

Hi Vicky would be lovely to see you at this rally. I will be at Setthorns, so will be able to offer some first time rally attenders assistance.
Again PM me to contact for further details.

One tip I will offer for Setthorns is take something very warm for sleeping. Its freezing here. Ideally a hook up and heater. Electric blanket could be good. Also Setthorns does NOT have a shower or loo block, so you need your own loo.
Jillygumbo
Supreme Being

Post by Jillygumbo » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:30 am

We'll rely on you Mary for getting us from Setthorns to the Royal Oak the best way possible. The directions suggested on here seem a VERY long way around. We can travel in convoy, yes?

Packing the electric blanket, heater, loo!
Jillygumbo, Tonto & Ruca
The night conceals the world, but reveals the universe!
umbongocat
Supreme Being

Post by umbongocat » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:22 am

Are we allowed a raised fire with heat logs not proper wood? If so I've got a raised fire bowl and can get some heat logs on route
I love cheese!
cazzyblues
Bongolier

Post by cazzyblues » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:35 am

Shame doesn't look like I can make this one, at least I will be very surprised. Too many things happening for me this weekend. Family events have to take priority. I hope you all have a great time. I look forward to seeing some pics later. :D See you all in a field somewhere soon.
Cazzy
Art of Wax ( Facebook page)
"Art is a pigment of your imagination". (Darcy Gerdes)
umbongocat
Supreme Being

Post by umbongocat » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:47 am

cazzyblues wrote:Shame doesn't look like I can make this one, at least I will be very surprised. Too many things happening for me this weekend. Family events have to take priority. I hope you all have a great time. I look forward to seeing some pics later. :D See you all in a field somewhere soon.
:( Was just thinking about you and wondering if you were coming. Maybe the small surprise and we'll see you :) If not hopefully, soon.
I love cheese!

Return to “National Bongo Day Sunday 24/02/13”