Firth of Forth

To celebrate 10 years since the formation of the Bongo Fury owners club, Sunday 24th February 2013 has been designated as National Bongo Day. What we have in mind is a series of events in various locations across the UK & Ireland where Bongonauts can get to meet each other and perhaps have a Sunday lunch.

Moderator: Ian

Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Re: Firth of Forth

Post by Muzorewa » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:10 pm

dunslair wrote:...and a steaming pile of Haggis and mash in the foreground? :D
Now you're talking :D
Bongopoet
Tribal Elder

Post by Bongopoet » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:48 pm

peterrc wrote:
the laird wrote:Think that's a great idea to tie in a trip on one of the boats.would be great if we can get enough names to go out in the forth.
You will have to supply your own boat. Scheduled sailings are from 1 April.
I have a cousin who may be able to get us a trip. I have asked him what the chances are
Jim the Box
Tribal Elder

Post by Jim the Box » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:01 am

We did the Forth Belle trip in April last year, and visited Inchcolm Island, probably won't be able to visit out of season as it's owned by the national trust of Scotland, however it might be worth arranging a meet between Apr-Sept and giving the Island a visit. I camped overnight in September in the car park after having dinner and a few beers at the Hawes Inn. Enjoyed the whole visit, great spot, even met Gordon (The Laird).
The only drawback, there is a shuttle boat to the oil terminal that runs several times in the early hrs of the morning. :(
Unless it's blizzard conditions count us in for the meet.

Jim&Elaine
"Today's rain is tomorrow's Whisky"
stewby
Bongolier

Post by stewby » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:38 pm

ah, posted in the other one in the other section. such a newbie, it's unreal.
:lol:

my dad and i are hoping to come down for this. sounds like a great day out. i really like the possibility of a boat trip.
:)

my dad has had his bongo for a few years now but i have just started using it. hoping to use it more often as it is a great wee vehicle. (i am getting quite attached to him already).

might be borderline addicted to him. went out to new zealand to see my boyfriend and ended up buying plates and bowls and glasses for the bongo. (very pretty coloured plastic ones)... have come home and am now looking at sporks that match.
:oops:
the laird
Supreme Being

Post by the laird » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:40 pm

Directions on nat bongo day page
dunslair
Supreme Being

Post by dunslair » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:45 pm

stewby wrote:ah, posted in the other one in the other section. such a newbie, it's unreal.

my dad and i are hoping to come down for this. sounds like a great day out. i really like the possibility of a boat trip.
:)

my dad has had his bongo for a few years now but i have just started using it. hoping to use it more often as it is a great wee vehicle. (i am getting quite attached to him already).

might be borderline addicted to him. went out to new zealand to see my boyfriend and ended up buying plates and bowls and glasses for the bongo. (very pretty coloured plastic ones)... have come home and am now looking at sporks that match.
:oops:

No probs for double posts... Its good to keep the topic in folks minds. :wink: i will try and post to get an idea of numbers in a couple of weeks time, untill then keep the suggestions for activities rolling in. :D nothing wrong with a bit of bongo enthusiasm / addiction :wink:
clutha
Bongolier

Post by clutha » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:02 pm

Pencil us in :lol:
Freda now gone, :-/ But nice wee Burstner obtained ;-)
http://www.gordonbickerton.co.uk
Driver+Passengers
Supreme Being

Post by Driver+Passengers » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:04 pm

dunslair wrote:... until then keep the suggestions for activities rolling in. :D nothing wrong with a bit of bongo enthusiasm / addiction :wink:
Anyone need their ball joints replaced? :D
Image Image
What she doesn't know won't hurt me.
dunslair
Supreme Being

Post by dunslair » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:40 pm

Driver+Passengers wrote:
dunslair wrote:... until then keep the suggestions for activities rolling in. :D nothing wrong with a bit of bongo enthusiasm / addiction :wink:

If this is some kind of 'gentleman's procedure', not in -3 temps by the side of the fourth mate :shock: But thanks for the kind offer. :|
clutha
Bongolier

Post by clutha » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:24 pm

Driver+Passengers wrote:
I'll ask the boss
Freda now gone, :-/ But nice wee Burstner obtained ;-)
http://www.gordonbickerton.co.uk
the laird
Supreme Being

Post by the laird » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:02 pm

Is there any further developement on the cruise boat on nat bongo meeting at the ferry in February?
So we can rally nos to see if its possible
the laird
Supreme Being

South queens ferry

Post by the laird » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:49 pm

Popping down to the ferry on Sunday 27th in the afternoon,anybody want me to check out anything for the national meet in feb?
Jim the Box
Tribal Elder

Re: South queens ferry

Post by Jim the Box » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:30 am

Nothing springs to mind Gordon, but if it's a decent day you could check out how busy the car park is, I don't mind going down early on the 24th Feb to claim a space with a few other local bongo's if you find the car park is very busy when you visit.
"Today's rain is tomorrow's Whisky"
the laird
Supreme Being

Post by the laird » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:02 pm

Will do jim,thought about that also on the day.be good if a few others replied reg booking/speeding to the hawes inn reg soup ,rolls?better to sort sooner
kentait
Bongonaut

Post by kentait » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:08 pm

weather permitting, me and my wife hope to be there about 11.00a.m. and will be having a pub lunch of sorts.
thanks, ken & marilyn

Return to “National Bongo Day Sunday 24/02/13”