Firth of Forth

To celebrate 10 years since the formation of the Bongo Fury owners club, Sunday 24th February 2013 has been designated as National Bongo Day. What we have in mind is a series of events in various locations across the UK & Ireland where Bongonauts can get to meet each other and perhaps have a Sunday lunch.

Moderator: Ian

dunslair
Supreme Being

Re: Firth of Forth

Post by dunslair » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:43 pm

UPDATE. UPDATE..

OK Folks. Here is a head count for the meet so far. The following people I have down for lunch (soup and roll). jim the box (x3), Driver+passengers (x3), bongopoet (x2), Furydav (x2), The laird (x4), peterrc (x2), Mountaingoat (x1), Kentait (x2), The-Gordons (x2), Stewby (x2), Dave-Aber (x2), Dunslair (x1).

Hopefully Mountainmummy, MiKebongo and Petenbex, will also be able to join us, but not for lunch??

Any other folks intending to join us, please let me know over the next couple of days so we can confirm numbers with The Hawes Inn.

It would also be really helpful for any of us who have not met before, if you could put a sign with your forum name in the windscreen of your van (thanks for the suggestion Peterrc )

kind Regards

David
cujimio
Bongonaut

Post by cujimio » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:34 pm

First time meet for us, two of us (and two wee dogs) looking forward to it.

Will be there over lunch but not having the soup and roll I'm afraid!
Sharon & Jimi

Laughing is good exercise, it's like jogging on the inside! :-) ;-)
dunslair
Supreme Being

Post by dunslair » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:10 am

UPDATE. UPDATE. UPDATE..

OK Folks. Here is a head count for the meet so far. The following people I have down for lunch (soup and roll). jim the box (x3), Driver+passengers (x3), bongopoet (x2), Furydav (x2), The laird (x4), peterrc (x2), Mountaingoat (x1), Kentait (x2), The-Gordons (x2), Stewby (x2), Dave-Aber (x2), Dunslair (x1).

Hopefully Cujimio, Mountainmummy, MiKebongo and Petenbex, will also be able to join us, but not for lunch??

Any other folks intending to join us, please let me know over the next couple of days so we can confirm numbers with The Hawes Inn.

It would also be really helpful for any of us who have not met before, if you could put a sign with your forum name in the windscreen of your van (thanks for the suggestion Peterrc )

kind Regards

David
bobjay
Junior Bongonaut

Post by bobjay » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:48 pm

hi there new to bongo fury would be great to meet you at forth rd bridge for soup &roll if spaces avable bob jay
hairyneep
Bongolier

Post by hairyneep » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:51 pm

We'll be there, so it's another 2 for soup and rolls please

Leon
the laird
Supreme Being

Post by the laird » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:30 pm

David can you call me or pm me
Been in touch with the hawes
sirius
Junior Bongonaut

Post by sirius » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:39 pm

Hi,
Is it still possible to add another 2 for soup? Looking forward to meeting you all. :D
dunslair
Supreme Being

Post by dunslair » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:37 pm

Yet another update

OK Folks. Here is a head count for the meet so far. The following people I have down for lunch (soup and roll). jim the box (x3), Driver+passengers (x3), bongopoet (x2), Furydav (x2), The laird (x4), peterrc (x2), Mountaingoat (x1), Kentait (x2), The-Gordons (x2), Stewby (x2), Dave-Aber (x2), Dunslair (x1), sirius (x2), hairyneep (x2), bobjay (x1) .

Hopefully Cujimio, Mountainmummy, MiKebongo and Petenbex, will also be able to join us, but not for lunch??

If we all make it we should have around 18 bongos.......I recon thats not a bad turn out =D> =D>

Any straglers :?:

All the best

David
mulshy
Bongolier

Post by mulshy » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:20 pm

dunslair wrote:
Put us down as straglers :lol:

Probably wont be over til after lunch though so we'll bring our own flask of soup
all the same but different
dunslair
Supreme Being

Post by dunslair » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:07 pm

mulshy wrote:
dunslair wrote:
Put us down as straglers :lol:

Probably wont be over til after lunch though so we'll bring our own flask of soup

To be honest....... when I typed the word 'stragler' you did pop to mind...... sorry :oops: :lol: will put you down for the apres lunch entertainment. :D
Furydav
Bongolier

Post by Furydav » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:12 pm

sirius wrote:Hi,
Is it still possible to add another 2 for soup? Looking forward to meeting you all. :D
Hey Sirius, nice username are you a starwatcher?
MountainGoat
Supreme Being

Post by MountainGoat » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:25 pm

Any straglers
Does being an outcast and turning up in a black Jeep Cherokee rather than a Bongo qualify?

Tony
Former SGL5 Owner Jeep Cherokee 2.5CRD Burstner Ixeo Time it585
peterrc
Bongolier

Post by peterrc » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:58 am

Now here is an idea. Make the letter or figure 10 in Bongo's. Then find a high vantage point to take a photo. A basic figure 10 would take 5 Bongo's. A basic letter TEN would take 8 Bongo's and a Jeep (if we could find one).
the laird
Supreme Being

Post by the laird » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:45 pm

Do any of you guys need any filters ,spark plugs etc
I can get hem and bring them to the meet if it helps anyone
cujimio
Bongonaut

Post by cujimio » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:35 pm

We are in need of a small inlet gasket if you have one. Also since changing the alternator we may well be in need of a fuel filter (sediment and charge lights come on a lot now). Hoping for some advice from fellow bongonauts who may of had the same issue.
Sharon & Jimi

Laughing is good exercise, it's like jogging on the inside! :-) ;-)

Return to “National Bongo Day Sunday 24/02/13”