Firth of Forth

To celebrate 10 years since the formation of the Bongo Fury owners club, Sunday 24th February 2013 has been designated as National Bongo Day. What we have in mind is a series of events in various locations across the UK & Ireland where Bongonauts can get to meet each other and perhaps have a Sunday lunch.

Moderator: Ian

Jim the Box
Tribal Elder

Re: South queens ferry

Post by Jim the Box » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:53 pm

Count us in as well for the hawes for soup/rolls (3 people) etc will also be down 11am at latest.
"Today's rain is tomorrow's Whisky"
the laird
Supreme Being

Post by the laird » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:58 pm

Just getting ready to pop down in the next hour or so.will pop in to the hawes and speak to them and possibly see if we need to reserve places hope not as it's normally quieter at this time of year but if they want I will book twenty on temp reservation.?
peterrc
Bongolier

Post by peterrc » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:17 pm

Passed SQ at 10.30 this morning and it was tipping it down. On the way back 12.30 it was
bathed in sunshine. Hope that it continues for you. Count me in for 2 and will plan to arrive
about 11am.
Peter
the laird
Supreme Being

Post by the laird » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:10 pm

Hi guys just back from the ferry17.00hrs.was piddling down waves coming over the wall!,,at 15,30 there were only three parking spaces.went into the hawes an open fire going like stink .cracking aroma!!!
Got the manageress spoke with her she has two party bookings already but gave me twenty places provisionally but says she may help and stretch to thirty if we need.for a soup and rolls £3,00a Heid,
If we could possibly do a separate post and by the end of this week coming I would phone her an d confirm nos
In case ought happens to moi its booked in moi name hope this appeals.
You can also get a full meal if wanted,
Fab setting I hasten to add
Regards to all the laird(Gordon)
Bongopoet
Tribal Elder

Re: Firth of Forth

Post by Bongopoet » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:03 pm

the laird wrote:Is there any further developement on the cruise boat on nat bongo meeting at the ferry in February?
So we can rally nos to see if its possible
Still waiting for reply. I will give him a boot up the backside see if it helps. :D
the laird
Supreme Being

Post by the laird » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:12 pm

No probs was at the hawes inn today getting prov booking for food posted a thread trying to get a no count could possibly tie it up with the ferry
dunslair
Supreme Being

Post by dunslair » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:39 pm

Gordon.

I called in to The Hawes this afternoon as well..... great minds and all that. Did you make an actual booking? Manager said they had 18 peope booked for around 1.00 o-clock on 24th Feb? She said if we wish we could book the 'meeting room', may be an idea if we are having music!! For anybody wanting more than soup, 2 courses would be £10.95 and 3 at £12.95. Are you happy to take the lead on getting numbers and confirming booking Gordon?

I think you may have bee parked outside when I called in by the way :wink: think it was about 2.30ish?

All the best

David

:D
dunslair
Supreme Being

Post by dunslair » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:43 pm

the laird wrote:No probs was at the hawes inn today getting prov booking for food posted a thread trying to get a no count could possibly tie it up with the ferry

Can mods combine the threads on this one? And Gordon can you post to gather names? best to keep it all in the one place to avoid confusion :wink:

all the best

David.
the laird
Supreme Being

Post by the laird » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:47 pm

Bang on that time I ended parking up the side of the hawes garage.she pencilled us in for about one for twenty heads ,she said she could help to thirty ata push but that would be max as two other parties were booked.she did say some body was in earlier and was going to confirm by phone later.i then jumped in and booked it.i am happy for you to carry on with it if you pm me I can give you the booking name and details.told jim I didn't want to loose the slot as some members are c'mon from a bit away
Regards gordon
Driver+Passengers
Supreme Being

Post by Driver+Passengers » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:30 am

Three for soup and a roll - 2 possibly 4 for the boat but probably 2...?
Image Image
What she doesn't know won't hurt me.
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:46 am

dunslair wrote:
the laird wrote:No probs was at the hawes inn today getting prov booking for food posted a thread trying to get a no count could possibly tie it up with the ferry

Can mods combine the threads on this one? And Gordon can you post to gather names? best to keep it all in the one place to avoid confusion :wink:

all the best

David.
Hi David
Your wish...etc. :lol:
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.
dunslair
Supreme Being

Post by dunslair » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:25 am

helen&tony wrote:
dunslair wrote:

all the best

David.
Hi David
Your wish...etc. :lol:
Cheers
Helen
Thank you to The Little Bulgarian Fairy Godmother....... :lol:
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:07 pm

Hi
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
More like the Expat FAT Fairy Grandmother......granny of 3.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.
dunslair
Supreme Being

Post by dunslair » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:13 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: =D> =D>
dunslair
Supreme Being

Post by dunslair » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:11 pm

Ok folks.

If you are coming to the day meet on 24th Feb 2013 for National Bongo Day, and you would like to join us for lunch at The Hawes Inn, please could you send me a pm with your name (and BF user name) and numbers of people attending in your party. At the end of this week, 1st Feb, I will update this post with a list of attendees. On around the 7th Feb I will give final numbers to The pub. If the numbers allow, it may also be possible to use their function room (good idea if we bring live music :wink: ). This may add a small cost to lunch, but the pub will not be able to confirm this until we have firm numbers.

I look forward to hearing from you.

all the best

David.

:D

Return to “National Bongo Day Sunday 24/02/13”