Sooooooo..........

Mum2Fergus

Sooooooo..........

Post by Mum2Fergus » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:38 pm

After many years of Bongo-envy.... it may be time to take the plunge!!

Ive my eye on an Aero City Runner and would be very grateful of any words of wisdom from you guys!?

C.
MountainGoat
Supreme Being

Re: Sooooooo..........

Post by MountainGoat » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:29 am

Dunslair will be the one for that, I believe that this is the type of Bongo that he has run for the past few years. As far as I know they are all petrol models and all 2 wheel drive and a bit lacking in puff but are ok around the town. The other petrol Bongo is the V6 which is also 2 wheel drive and much more powerful and thirsty. Main downside is that the cam belt changes on the V6 are on the expensive side.

Whichever model you go for try to get an auto free top if you intend to do some camping as aftermarket rising roofs are costly and are all manual as far as I know so you need to have strong arms. Mine ( which will be up for sale soon) is a 4 wheel drive diesel which is best for the hills, muddy campsites and towing caravans. It is also an auto free top in which the roof is motorised and much easier to put up.

We will all be at Red Squirrel Campside in Glencoe soon, drop in and have a look around members Bongos and find out all the pros and cons of running a Bongo.

Tony
Former SGL5 Owner Jeep Cherokee 2.5CRD Burstner Ixeo Time it585
Mum2Fergus

Post by Mum2Fergus » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:42 pm

Hi Tony...appreciate your response! Ive got Bongo Bill from Kirkcaldy giving it an inspection tomorrow, so fingers crossed! Once we're sorted I'll be looking out for some meets!

Carol.
bongodonkey
Tribal Elder

Post by bongodonkey » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:45 pm

Nice one. I have dealt with Bill at Kilcaldy in the past and you are in a really safe pair of hands there. Bill has an excellent reputation and is straight down the line and can't be helpful enough.

Good luck and enjoy a really nice chilled way of doing things.........owned loads of different cars and t'bongo makes me smile and smile all the time......... :D :D :D :mrgreen:
Oz, Sam & the girls | 2001 V6 AFT | LPG | 321Away F/S/C | A Bongo called OLIVE
dunslair
Supreme Being

Post by dunslair » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:44 am

Yep... what he said.... three times :lol:

Good luck with the inspection.

All the best

David.
brorabongo
Supreme Being

Post by brorabongo » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:36 pm

Hi Carol, and welcome to the forum. We are dying to know.........How did it go with the Bongo?

Sorry, David about removing bongodonkey's duplicate posts. Shall I change your "three times" to "times three?" :lol:
ボンゴの激怒 pictures
Run your fingers over my Bongo, and I'll run my Bongo over your fingers!! :twisted:
Mum2Fergus

Post by Mum2Fergus » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:41 pm

Well...... it went great! Bill confirms its a great van, excellent value for money. One or two minor points to be attended to, but that aside, all good!

All being well, I should be the proud owner in a few days!!!

:D
dunslair
Supreme Being

Post by dunslair » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:07 pm

Brilliant. If it's the white one it looks great, and must be one of the newest / latest made. Hope it all works out for you. Do you intend to convert or add a pop top?

Cheers

David.

p.s. Thanks for making me look silly Donald........ :lol:
Mum2Fergus

Post by Mum2Fergus » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:33 pm

It is the white one David, and yes, its the new spec (54 plate) ... twin of yours assuming its your profile pic!

In fact, profile in mind...was it you that overtook my other half around 4pm at Howgate!?

Plan to run with it in current state for a few months and then decide on what options I need (need, not want...or Id never be done with it lol) ...
brorabongo
Supreme Being

Post by brorabongo » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:13 pm

Mum2Fergus wrote:Plan to run with it in current state for a few months and then decide on what options I need (need, not want...or Id never be done with it lol) ...
Coming to a meet comes in handy for that, you'll get chance to see all different types of conversions.
ボンゴの激怒 pictures
Run your fingers over my Bongo, and I'll run my Bongo over your fingers!! :twisted:
Mum2Fergus

Post by Mum2Fergus » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:26 pm

Been looking out for some meets...I may have missed a thread or 2, is the next meet in May?
brorabongo
Supreme Being

Post by brorabongo » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:39 pm

As you might of noticed by now. There is a meet planned for the 6th October I've set it as a sticky so that it will stay at the top of the Scotland section for just now.

There could be enough owners in your area now to make it worth while to try to organise a day meet?
ボンゴの激怒 pictures
MountainGoat
Supreme Being

Post by MountainGoat » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:43 pm

Congratulations see you at the next meet which is later this year at Red Squirrel campsite in Glencoe. Check out the September meet thread above, looks like it is actually going to be in October now. Red squirrel campsite let you have a roaring fire to keep you warm and keep the midges away, not that there will be many midges around at that time of the year. The campsite actually supply the wood for free themselves but if you have some old wood lying arround then bring it along.

Tony
MountainGoat
Supreme Being

Post by MountainGoat » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:54 pm

GRRR! Donald. At least I gave her a bit more imformation than you. Does this mean that you will be able to make this meet? Most people seem to be making this one just a one nighter. Me I will probably make it Friday and Saturday nights myself because I want to have another crack at that Corbett off Loch Leven that beat me last time. Hopefully it won't be another mud bath.

Tony
brorabongo
Supreme Being

Post by brorabongo » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:18 pm

MountainGoat wrote:Check out the September meet thread above, looks like it is actually going to be in October now.
Thats why I thought I'd better change the heading. It only took 4 pages to decide where and when, so best to start reading from page 4. :wink:

Glad someone finally picked a date and place. It's differcult to do when every other post was about different dates suitable / not suitable, you'll never be able to pick a date that will suit everyone. :(

I hope that this will not put anyone off from organising a meet/day meet. Best just to say where and when, and see if there is any interest?

MountainGoat wrote:Does this mean that you will be able to make this meet? Most people seem to be making this one just a one nighter.
Yes, hoping to make this one. Do not know if for one night or two. Will see what the weathers like closer to the time, as I'll have at least one of my bairns with me, and they can not handle coldness like me. :lol: ......I say bairns, but a couple of them are now taller than me. :shock:
ボンゴの激怒 pictures

Return to “Scotland”