Help setting up camp

This is the largest gathering of Bongos anywhere in the world and takes place at our spiritual home, Stourport on Severn 20 to 25 June.

Moderator: Ian

happycampers
Junior Bongonaut

Help setting up camp

Post by happycampers » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:56 pm

Had a thought for the Bongo Bash. Some people find it a bit of a struggle setting up camp/awnings etc especially if it's raining or hot. How about if some of the younger/fitter members get a team together to help peeps and charge ..... a fiver??? and donate it to the Mountain Rescue? Just a thought. :P
Go .... the extra mile!
B*Witched Blingo
Supreme Being

Re: Help setting up camp

Post by B*Witched Blingo » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:41 pm

Might be an idea to let reception know they need assistance on arrival. That way they can deploy the troops.

:D
You Tube Films Click Here
"Get your wellies out. No likey floaty Bongo's"
Driver+Passengers
Supreme Being

Post by Driver+Passengers » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:10 am

£5?? Sign me up!!!

Image Image
What she doesn't know won't hurt me.
Northern Bongolow
Supreme Being

Post by Northern Bongolow » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:44 am

what about all the fun we have when we have set ours up, and we are watching the first timers with their awnings. :lol: :lol:
nik68

Post by nik68 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:39 am

we maybe shouting for help...lol...2 women and kids....quick erect awning im told by the other half (who is not even coming!!!) but we will see....who do we shout for if help needed....................no laughing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

nikki
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:48 am

Northern Bongolow wrote:what about all the fun we have when we have set ours up, and we are watching the first timers with their awnings. :lol: :lol:
Ah yes, premium sport that is, especially if they get the instructions out and start arguing with each other......in the rain :twisted: :lol:
Driver+Passengers
Supreme Being

Post by Driver+Passengers » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:13 am

On a serious note, if we come to the Bash (undecided and still not a member this year... :oops: ) and if I'm done with putting up my own, then for a donation to the Mountain Rescue or another charity, I'd give folk a hand.

Otherwise, I'm pulling up a pew with the rest of you!!! :lol: :lol:
Image Image
alant54
Tribal Elder

Post by alant54 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:33 am

happycampers wrote:Had a thought for the Bongo Bash. Some people find it a bit of a struggle setting up camp/awnings etc especially if it's raining or hot. How about if some of the younger/fitter members get a team together to help peeps and charge ..... a fiver??? and donate it to the Mountain Rescue? Just a thought. :P

I am sure that there will be plenty of people there only happy to help out come rain or shine for nothing.....it happens every year.... =D>

Then if that happens a donation by yourself to your charity would be appreciated.... \:D/

The choice would then be yours.... :wink:

Alan
Alan...still plodding on....!
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:25 am

Agree with Alan.

The standard Bongo Bribe of a mug of tea once its all up is good enough for me. :wink:
New Forest Terrier
Supreme Being

Post by New Forest Terrier » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:41 am

A quecha folding class might be appreciated. The instructions are pathetic. Paint your tent orange and get a silly haircut, not of much actual use.

First time out I couldn't get mine folded, nor could the two helpful people who tried as well. We got it folded very approximately and tied it up with the tow rope. A morning with the video at home finally worked it out, but it was not easy. A six foot guy with huge hands going flip flip does not relate very well to the reality of a struggle often in a gale and driving rain.
The BewilderBeast - V6 Mean Green Tintop with LPG and 321 Away Montague Conversion
Driver+Passengers
Supreme Being

Post by Driver+Passengers » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:08 am

Bob wrote:Agree with Alan.

The standard Bongo Bribe of a mug of tea once its all up is good enough for me. :wink:
That'll be chari-tea, then? :lol:
Image Image
Bongopoet
Tribal Elder

Post by Bongopoet » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:18 pm

Years ago OH and I were setting up our tent and had got to the point of no return when the heavens opened. I was wearing a T-shirt dress which, by the time we had finished setting up, was sweeping the ground. As we finished the old guy from the caravan next to us came over with a tray of tea and cake. He said it was worth it for the entertainment. #-o =D>

As for the quequa we can provide loads of entertainment :lol:
Northern Bongolow
Supreme Being

Post by Northern Bongolow » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:19 am

nik68 wrote:we maybe shouting for help...lol...2 women and kids....quick erect awning im told by the other half (who is not even coming!!!) but we will see....who do we shout for if help needed....................no laughing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

nikki
im camping near you, just for the laughs though, and i cannot help ive got a glass back :^o :^o .
just do what ALL the ladies do, go to the toilets (in pairs or more), you know how you ladies have to check the site toilets out before you say we are staying.
then come back when its all done. :lol: :lol: .
crazy uncle gray g
Supreme Being

Post by crazy uncle gray g » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:32 am

Bob wrote:
:shock: Tea Bob! whatever next?.......... as I remember it was a cold cider :lol:
cheers! party on dudes.
Debs and David
Tribal Elder

Post by Debs and David » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:38 am

Northern Bongolow wrote: just do what ALL the ladies do, go to the toilets (in pairs or more), you know how you ladies have to check the site toilets out before you say we are staying.
then come back when its all done. :lol: :lol: .

We've had many a domestic when we got our 1st awning and it would have been worth paying a fiver for help but now we are experts...almost but Ady I'm surprised how well you know us ladies, and we think you don't notice these things. We too have been entertained by watching people trying to put up awnings when they haven't had a practice at home 1st.

Good idea tho. Jude :D
Debs & David

You Need Degas to Make De Van Gogh

Return to “Bongo Bash 2012”