Rear weekender conversion

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

Aldo

Rear weekender conversion

Post by Aldo » Sun May 06, 2012 2:43 pm

Hi guys,

I got a rear weekender conversion unit delivered yesterday, from a company called clearcut conversions. Obviously gave all the details of the van etc including the fact that it is the model with split rear seats.

I've quickly had a go at it today and it doesn't fit, the interior panels at the rear wheel arches are stopping it from seating properly. I was under the impression that i wouldn't have to modify anything for this unit to properly.

Has anyone had problems with this kind of thing or any advice on it??
longhaul8
Tribal Elder

Re: Rear weekender conversion

Post by longhaul8 » Sun May 06, 2012 2:52 pm

So you got the rear weekender ? or the side weekender ? 2 differant models
Aldo

Post by Aldo » Sun May 06, 2012 3:33 pm

It was the rear one i bought, the one that comes with the 2 little seats. It looks like im going to have to try and modify the interior panels to allow it to fit, pretty annoyed though because from the pictures on their website it looks like there should be a little gap at the sides.

Looks good but a bit of a pain in the ass :roll:
billymansell
Bongolier

Post by billymansell » Sun May 06, 2012 5:01 pm

Aldo wrote: Looks good but a bit of a pain in the ass :roll:
:shock: I'm pretty certain they're not designed for inserting into animals :lol:
The all black 2.5 V6 - "looks more like a pimpmobile than a playbus"
Aldo

Post by Aldo » Mon May 07, 2012 8:27 am

Haha, very true :lol:

Turns out i was the ass anyway, when i had my 'quick' look at it i was very hungover... Once i had squared up a bit later i re-checked and it fits perfectly.

Sorry for being a numpty but im blaming the drink :twisted:
haydn callow
Supreme Being

Post by haydn callow » Mon May 07, 2012 10:17 am

It's good you came back and explained that in fact all was o.k......your first post could have damaged the company concerned for no reason.......That has happend to me on a couple of occasions.......peeps have said "this bit of kit is missing" or "my alarm goes off for no reason and is driving me mad"...turns out that all the kit was there in the first place and the alarm was going off co's coolant had been lost and the alarm was just doing it's job and "alarming".

If ever in doubt about a product...the first course of action should be to contact the company involved and 99% of the time the issue can be resolved......posting on the internet is not the way to go in the first instance...it should only be a last resort
http://www.coolantalarm.co.uk
Developer of the Mazda Bongo Coolant loss Alarm
Also BMW Clocks
joca
Bongonaut

Post by joca » Mon May 07, 2012 10:45 am

Well said haydn =D>
Aldo

Post by Aldo » Mon May 07, 2012 2:06 pm

Haydn Callow,

Maybe i was a bit hastie yes , but as for damaging the company i hardly think so... I named the company and model of the unit so that people knew exactly which conversion kit i was talking about. The quality of it is fantastic and i will definitely be using them again.

Im sure 1000's of people have used this seller in the past and are happy with them, and i doubt they would take my word for it (7 post novice) if indeed i was condemning them, which i certainly wasn't doing!

I admit this was COMPLETELY my fault but wasn't bad mouthing the company, I would never do that publicly.

I do take your point on board though, i will think before posting when still hungover in future #-o
haydn callow
Supreme Being

Post by haydn callow » Mon May 07, 2012 3:20 pm

What I said was...it was good of you to return and tell us that you had made a mistake.....also what I said was...if you hadn't done that you would have damaged the company for no good reason....
http://www.coolantalarm.co.uk
Developer of the Mazda Bongo Coolant loss Alarm
Also BMW Clocks
Aldo

Post by Aldo » Mon May 07, 2012 3:32 pm

That's fair enough, i can see where your coming from.

I'm well chuffed with the kit anyway, nearly ready for my maiden voyage up North :D

Still have a few suspension knocks and a p/stg leak to sort out first though, hopefully nothing major.. and possibly a t/belt change too [-o<

Return to “Techie Stuff”