Looking Forward to the relax...

This year's event will be scaled down but it gives us a chance to get out!

Moderator: Ian

KenBongo

Looking Forward to the relax...

Post by KenBongo » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:10 pm

We are new to Bongo Fury having bought our Bongo a couple of months ago...It's brilliant!!
We are looking forward to the Bash to see all the other like minded folk and their prized Bongo's, also it will be a good relaxing weekend before we embark on our Challenge..the following Thursday (30th).

We are taking part in a Challenge Event in aid of Help For Heroes.

I have organised a Three Peaks 24hr Challenge which involves the trekking from base to summit and back of the three highest peaks in Scotland, England and Wales. We intend to start at Ben Nevis, move on to Scafell Pike and finish at Snowdon. The event will take place on the 30th June 2011. There are a total of 24 ‘climbers’ with 6 dedicated drivers, 30 participants in total.
The team consists of some experienced walkers but a significant number of novices who have not experienced any hill walking or much outdoor activity at all. It is to their credit particularly that they have accepted this challenge to help the Charity.
The event has been officially sanctioned and approved by H4H, (event id number - 20100704-3846-6400).
As I am sure you are aware this challenge is achievable, but will require some training, which has been considerable for some over the last twelve months including practice climbs and fitness training as well as becoming accustomed to the outdoors and harsh weather. For anyone, this is a huge challenge both physically and mentally, but the team is committed to it being a success, and in turn raising as much as possible (all funds go to the Charity, the event is funded by ourselves).

The team are all friends and are local to the Midlands area.

If anyone fancies sponsoring us we would be eternally grateful..

To find out more about Help for Heroes or to make a donation to sponsor our team, please visit the donation website – http://www.bmycharity.com/v2/Telford3Pks

Many thanks in anticipation of any generosity. We will be in the Silver 'Mazdaspeed' Bongo with Gold Wheels, so feel free to say hello and wish us well.....see you in a couple of weeks..

Tony & Nat :D
boyfrombrasil
Bongolier

Re: Looking Forward to the relax...

Post by boyfrombrasil » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:49 pm

KenBongo wrote: "also it will be a good relaxing weekend before we embark on our Challenge.."
Ha! Don't know about anyone else but I always go home knackered.....

Otherwise, welcome to the (National) madhouse.
Bongo-ing. The beginning of life as Susie and I now know it...
aitch
Supreme Being

Post by aitch » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:52 pm

Ha! Don't know about anyone else but I always go home knackered.....
who's fault is that then Paul?????

where are you going to try and blame that one ???? Crazy - Susie - or Yourself :oops: :oops:

see you there Paul.
Be nice to everyone they might be nice back.

Come to the dark side we have chocolate dark chocolate
crazy uncle gray g
Supreme Being

Post by crazy uncle gray g » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:05 pm

:shock: I just spotted this Aitch :lol:
What you trying to say #-o
P.S looking forward to seeing everyone real soon \:D/
cheers! party on dudes.
Chris&Gem
Bongolier

Post by Chris&Gem » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:45 pm

My mate Tom tried to do the three peaks last weekend, failed time wise. Bad weather, so good luck.
I think Grey, then Suzz when he gets in. Just a guess :wink:
boyfrombrasil
Bongolier

Post by boyfrombrasil » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:06 pm

I'm knackered!!!

You almost all got it right....

Graham, myself, and Susie were close. But you forgot the bands and the dancing on Friday and Saturday night.
Bongo-ing. The beginning of life as Susie and I now know it...
Debs and David
Tribal Elder

Post by Debs and David » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:07 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: We're knackered too, don't usually stay up so late, don't usually drink so much and don't usually walk so much. Glad I took tomoz off work to get over it :lol: but wouldn't have missed it for the world, enjoyed it and looking forward to next year =D>
Debs & David

You Need Degas to Make De Van Gogh

Return to “Bongo Bash 2011”