Free cap painting

This year's event will be scaled down but it gives us a chance to get out!

Moderator: Ian

bigdaddycain
Supreme Being

Re: Free cap painting

Post by bigdaddycain » Wed May 18, 2011 11:06 pm

debbiepritch wrote:that's what I meant :lol: :lol: the first was from the inside but aren't you offering to paint the outside the second pic shows it :D

ignore me #-o :lol: :lol:
:shock: who said that? :shock: :D The first picture i posted was the outside debs... There was just quite a lot going on with reflections etc... Hopefully the second picture is clearer [-o<
Last edited by bigdaddycain on Wed May 18, 2011 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ビッグダディケイン RIP Big Bank Hank (Imp the Dimp) 1957-2014
bigdaddycain
Supreme Being

Post by bigdaddycain » Wed May 18, 2011 11:10 pm

debbiepritch wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: no probs buddy was only teasing, really looking forward to the big bash :D our first one :D
Ooh a big bash virgin! :D We'll take it easy on you debs :wink: You'll love it! It's our families main holiday every year now! :D
friendeedebs
Supreme Being

Post by friendeedebs » Wed May 18, 2011 11:11 pm

bigdaddycain wrote:
debbiepritch wrote:that's what I meant :lol: :lol: the first was from the inside but aren't you offering to paint the outside the second pic shows it :D

ignore me #-o :lol: :lol:
:shock: who said that? :shock: :D The first picture i posted was the outside dabs... There was just quite a lot going on with reflections etc... Hopefully the second picture is clearer [-o<
Dabs?? :lol: :lol: :lol: no your first pic is deffo taken from the inside out...gotta be :lol: yep 2nd pic is fab :D

yep can't wait :) even got the old man in tow :D
bigdaddycain
Supreme Being

Post by bigdaddycain » Wed May 18, 2011 11:15 pm

:lol: I'd just spotted the dabs typo DEBS! (look i've edited it) :D First piccy was of the outside i promise you... Take another look... You can see my steering wheel THROUGH the window :wink: If i'd taken the picture from the inside the glass would look green :mrgreen: :wink:

daveblueozzie
Supreme Being

Post by daveblueozzie » Wed May 18, 2011 11:52 pm

Lost without my Bongo.
bigdaddycain
Supreme Being

Post by bigdaddycain » Wed May 18, 2011 11:54 pm

:lol: Cheers Dave! :lol: Just to make absolutely clear... I can't paint the caps those flashing colours as Dave has posted [-X
jaylee
Supreme Being

Post by jaylee » Thu May 19, 2011 12:47 am

Yeah, i noticed the "caps" do go a little dull/tired/worn out'ish... A little like on the Ford KA's..

Took mine out 4 at a time (1 for each window) & stripped with some wet & dry putting the bolt in a cordless drill chuck & giving em a spin.. Primed then matt blacked.. They still hold up after 3 years & i don't really trust myself with a spray can!! 8-[

The wiper arms on the other hand..! :roll:
Cheaper by comparison to a race horse...
Jillygumbo
Supreme Being

Post by Jillygumbo » Thu May 19, 2011 8:05 am

Hi Ste

Please, please, please can you add my caps and wiper blades to your list? I'll be at The Big Bash from Tuesday to Sunday (working) and I'll have tea and coffee aplenty.

In fact, I owe you a brew or two already, so I can get you drunk on the stuff! :wink: Everyone admires my exhaust! :twisted:

I'd better go out and clean Tintin ...
Jillygumbo, Tonto & Ruca
The night conceals the world, but reveals the universe!
bigdaddycain
Supreme Being

Post by bigdaddycain » Thu May 19, 2011 10:43 am

jaylee wrote:Yeah, i noticed the "caps" do go a little dull/tired/worn out'ish... A little like on the Ford KA's..

Took mine out 4 at a time (1 for each window) & stripped with some wet & dry putting the bolt in a cordless drill chuck & giving em a spin.. Primed then matt blacked.. They still hold up after 3 years & i don't really trust myself with a spray can!! 8-[

The wiper arms on the other hand..! :roll:
:D I like the caps spinning in a drill trick jamie! Good thinking! :D

The wiper arms are a bit of a different ballgame again though... They do need removal really. I did mine not long after i got the bongo as the primer was bleeding through the arms and half were grey, the other half a chipped fading matt black. :shock: I used a scotch pad to key the arms (after removal) Then red lead primer, then lots of thin coats of satin black to give a new look, yet original looking. They could do with another lick really as the paint near the arm tips has chipped and flaked a little with wiper blade replacements etc.
bigdaddycain
Supreme Being

Post by bigdaddycain » Thu May 19, 2011 10:54 am

Jillygumbo wrote:Hi Ste

Please, please, please can you add my caps and wiper blades to your list? I'll be at The Big Bash from Tuesday to Sunday (working) and I'll have tea and coffee aplenty.

In fact, I owe you a brew or two already, so I can get you drunk on the stuff! :wink: Everyone admires my exhaust! :twisted:

I'd better go out and clean Tintin ...
Hi Jilly :D Oh yes... I'd like to see that exhaust sparkling inside and out! 8)

I can't wait to get drunk on your brews! (hic) .

I'll give your caps a paint luv, no problem, we'll have to see how it goes with the wiper arms though Jilly as they will take quite a bit longer... :shock:
Germarchip

Post by Germarchip » Thu May 19, 2011 11:20 am

bigdaddycain wrote:
Germarchip wrote:It would be an honour to have you work on my Van. [-o< I could then say that the paint was by BDC =D>
As it is my boys & I this year, it may only be beer (please state choice) =P~
The honours all mine! :D I'm trying to avoid alcohol this year... The last time i was at the big bash there was some alkie wedging pot noodles into a tree :shock:
I will be bringing plenty of food, so I am sure I can rustle you up something for all your effort :D
friendeedebs
Supreme Being

Post by friendeedebs » Thu May 19, 2011 11:40 am

bigdaddycain wrote::lol: Cheers Dave! :lol: Just to make absolutely clear... I can't paint the caps those flashing colours as Dave has posted [-X

oh go on they'd be so cool 8) :lol: :lol: :lol:
bigdaddycain
Supreme Being

Post by bigdaddycain » Thu May 19, 2011 11:51 am

I'm completely out of flashing paint though Debs! :lol: It's on my restock list with tartan paint :wink:
bigdaddycain
Supreme Being

Post by bigdaddycain » Thu May 19, 2011 11:53 am

Germarchip wrote:
bigdaddycain wrote:
Germarchip wrote:It would be an honour to have you work on my Van. [-o< I could then say that the paint was by BDC =D>
As it is my boys & I this year, it may only be beer (please state choice) =P~
The honours all mine! :D I'm trying to avoid alcohol this year... The last time i was at the big bash there was some alkie wedging pot noodles into a tree :shock:
I will be bringing plenty of food, so I am sure I can rustle you up something for all your effort :D
Star man! Don't go to any trouble for me though mate... A steaming cup of summat will do just fine. :wink:
Jillygumbo
Supreme Being

Post by Jillygumbo » Thu May 19, 2011 9:21 pm

bigdaddycain wrote:Hi Jilly :D Oh yes... I'd like to see that exhaust sparkling inside and out! 8)

I'll give your caps a paint luv, no problem, we'll have to see how it goes with the wiper arms though Jilly as they will take quite a bit longer... :shock:
OMG "Outside AND inside"? Inside the pipe?? :shock: Never heard of such a thing!

Understand about the wiper arms. Cheers
Jillygumbo, Tonto & Ruca
The night conceals the world, but reveals the universe!

Return to “Bongo Bash 2011”