Final Arrangements

Plan and chat about this joint meeting with the Russian Bongo owners club.

Moderator: helen&tony

tim & angie
Bongonaut

Re: Final Arrangements

Post by tim & angie » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:56 pm

Chris

I e-mailed the Camping Berger site at Koln last week on [email protected] and got the following reply so I dont think you need to worry too much:

'hello!
Thank you for the interest in our campsite.
You can come on the 24/7, we have place enough and we dont need a reservation.
All info's like prices ect. you can find in our homepage, see you then.
Kind regards
B.+S. Berger

The reply came from a different e-mail address so if you want to contact the site maybe try this one:

[email protected]

Good luck, Tim

p.s. We saw Ian at the Bongo Bash a few weeks back and he is sending us the spares pack so we will be carrying all the goodies.

Helen, do most garages accept credit cards for fuel payment (visa) or is it best to draw cash in each country at atm's and pay cash? I plan to take some currency for each country anyway. Also, for those of us that like ice chinking around in a glass of splosh (and also to keep the colbax cool) is ice readily available at garages or campsites out there?
Tim
Ian
Supreme Being

Post by Ian » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:07 pm

tim & angie wrote:p.s. We saw Ian at the Bongo Bash a few weeks back and he is sending us the spares pack so we will be carrying all the goodies.
This is a bit late as I am awaiting a delivery of some items. It should be with you on Tuesday next week.
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.
tim & angie
Bongonaut

Post by tim & angie » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:13 pm

No probs Ian,

I wont start packing until,,,,,, around the 23rd probably!

Tim
jonnybongo
Junior Bongonaut

Post by jonnybongo » Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:20 pm

It looks definate now- me and jonnybongo will be venturing over to Bulgaria in the (not so faithful old Bongo!- hopefully we will not need to call on Bongo emergency services but you never know!)
We should be in the VT area around the time you all converge on the campsite. Would it be ok if we joined the festivities and if so when, over the weekend are you having a bit of a bash? Look forward to meeting up. sara
Duct tape is like The Force. It has a dark side, a light side, and it holds the world together.
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:13 pm

Hi
If you want to turn up, there's no problem, the owners are not too fussy. I just had an e-mail from them to say the pool is open
As to what night for a Bash...I don't think there are any preferences...
Perhaps some last minute suggestions????
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:50 am

Hi
Phil & Hil...you wanted to meet up???...well..here's a good meeting place, and i can show where the supermarket is, and take you to the campsite without going into Turnovo to find cashpoints, etc.
you'll presumably be a bit cream crackered :shock:
Is this place agreeable to others???

You see a funny looking Bongo in one shot....we're parked there for snaps. As soon as the sign for Radanovo is in view, indicate left, and drive in ...parking available. It says there's a bar, but my advice is not to drink...
Nearer the time, maybe a week before, we can exchange info on how to rendezvous at the cafe!
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.
tim & angie
Bongonaut

Post by tim & angie » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:54 pm

Hi

We may also be interested in meeting at the cafe at Radanovo, depends obviously on how the time pans out on the final leg from Sibiu. Otherwise we will head straight to the campsite. Re festivities on the site, I would think that should be most nights!
I have received the spares kit from Ian now so will have all that stuff with me should anyone need anything (hopefully not).

Look forward to seeing you all soon

Tim & Angie
Ian
Supreme Being

Post by Ian » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:01 pm

The campsite deposits will be with you tomorrow.
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.
CumbriaBongoBulls
Junior Bongonaut

Post by CumbriaBongoBulls » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:17 am

Hi all,

We have already set off and reached Austria yesterday (14th July). We had a good run from the ferry terminal at Dunkirk except for roadworks north of Brussels on the RO ringroad. This caused about 30 minutes delay, so I suggest you all add in this to your timings because the work will will still be going on over the next month or so.
The Vignette that allows you to go on Austrian motorways is 7.90 euros for 10 days. It is available from the motorway service centre just before the Austrian border.
If you want to use the toilet at German motorway services, it costs 70 cents, but you get a token that gives you 50 cents off a purchase at the cafe.

Helen,
Thanks for the photo of the rendezvous. I have no idea of timings yet, because I do not know the condition of the Romanian roads or how much traffic we will meet heading south from Sibiu.

Regards,
Hil and Phil
Life is for Living!
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:23 am

Hi
Apparently the Romanian roads are a bit 'iffy' at the moment....Maxmataz has arrived in Bulgaria, and said that they are best tackled in daylight, and that police speed checks are everywhere, and signposting is poor. We haven't been to Romania for a few years, but I thought it might have improved :roll: :lol: :lol: ...anyway, the motorways are good!
Cheers
Helen
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:16 am

Hi
As you are all on the road at the moment, and no doubt enjoying the trip, is anyone still keeping in touch via internet?...if so, how many will be wanting to stop off at the supermarket en route to the campsite?
Cheers
Helen
tim & angie
Bongonaut

Post by tim & angie » Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:46 pm

Hi Helen
Just pitched at Koln, peeing with rain! :( , but beers in hand so not so bad :D
We will want to shop before camping so a meet at the supermarket would be good. Will hopefully be seeing the others later tonight so will pass on the message.
Tim & Angie
chrispreece1

Post by chrispreece1 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:21 pm

Hi Tim and Angie, no you won't be seeing us later. We have been trying to call you since last night. We decided to bypass Koln to reduce the drive time to Linz so see you there, Chris.
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:30 pm

Hi
Tim and Angie
Is it all sorted now?...couldn't contact you for most of the day...no internet earlier...big storm last night!...also couldn't text
Cheers
Helen
tim & angie
Bongonaut

Post by tim & angie » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:17 pm

Hi Helen, all sorted and pitched in Austria, different country same rain :( , On the wine tonight though so not so bad again :D Met up with Tom, Janet & Chris here finally. Looking forward to sunny Bulgaria. Just realised that the mobile number I left is wrong so i will pm you with the right number. Tim & Angie

Return to “Bulgaria 2011”