Cheeky request from Aberdeen

buntytw26

Cheeky request from Aberdeen

Post by buntytw26 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:41 pm

Hi there. We are thinking about getting a Bongo and had no idea of the variety of things you can do to one. We are off to see two this week, one I mentioned here yesterday, 96 2.5 TD low mileage but a tin top (£6k) and another not advertised yet in the shire 2002 plate for £11k auto city runner 2.5lt petrol 44k miles.

Ideally I'd like to have a poke about in some local owners motors before I commit to buying.

Any offers of a look see 8)

Any ideas, suggestions or warnings greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Lorraine
bongodonkey
Tribal Elder

Re: Cheeky request from Aberdeen

Post by bongodonkey » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:33 pm

Hi there,

Get in touch with Bill Convey at Camper Craft - stick the company name in google and you'll get his numbers.

He is an absolute diamond and will offer loads of advice and help. Also he does converts so could offer some help there too.

Cheers now Oz
Oz, Sam & the girls | 2001 V6 AFT | LPG | 321Away F/S/C | A Bongo called OLIVE
MountainGoat
Supreme Being

Post by MountainGoat » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:59 pm

The Scottish Bongo Meet will be held on Thu 19 to Sun 22 May 2011, Shell Bay Caravan Park, Elie, Leven, Fife KY9 1HB. We expect between 20 and 30 Bongos to be there. If you have bought a Bongo by then come and join us, if not just drop in for the day and have a look around the Bongos.

Tony
Former SGL5 Owner Jeep Cherokee 2.5CRD Burstner Ixeo Time it585
buntytw26

Post by buntytw26 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:58 pm

Well that is a very fine offer. As it happens I am away with my very fine Mazda MX5 owners chums for a week to Oban. We will be coming home that weekend you suggest.

I said to the other half (who can't come to Oban due to work stuff)

" you buy the Bongo tomorrow and when I am on my way back from Oban, you can drive to Fife in the Bongo to meet everyone and I will come back to see you" "bingo", to which the reply was "surely you mean bongo!!" Groans loudly! :roll:

Well I must say, you guys are as friendly here as we are in the MX5 owners club =D> . Must be a Mazda thing :mrgreen:

Watch this space but if I get my way tomorrow we will buy buy buy!! Or am I being rash??
dandemann8
Supreme Being

Post by dandemann8 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:42 am

Is the 11k bongo converted? If not that sounds a bit pricey to me. :wink:
Bongo no more........... ;-(
buntytw26

Post by buntytw26 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:01 am

Yes it is.

2002 reg, imported by JAL in 2009 2.5lt V6.auto, aero kit, low roof profile which elevates but small enough to get in a standard garage, r&r bed with memory foam, all kitchen bits in tan and black, new timing belt, undersealed, 44k miles. Sound ok? I would haggle but I am the first to see it and it is not advertised until tomorrow anyway. He is selling as cant manage the roof as had a wonky arm.
dunslair
Supreme Being

Post by dunslair » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:47 am

buntytw26 wrote:Yes it is.

2002 reg, imported by JAL in 2009 2.5lt V6.auto, aero kit, low roof profile which elevates but small enough to get in a standard garage, r&r bed with memory foam, all kitchen bits in tan and black, new timing belt, undersealed, 44k miles. Sound ok? I would haggle but I am the first to see it and it is not advertised until tomorrow anyway. He is selling as cant manage the roof as had a wonky arm.
Sounds like a good one, and the price if fair for that age (usual conditions apply) If you were in the market to do your own conversion, it may also be worth a look in the for sale section of this site at the 2004 aero. :wink: to be honest their would not be much between them by the time you have it converted and a roof put on (if that is what you wish to do?) best of luck which ever way the mop flops. Is the V6 lpg converted? Will you be doing a high mileage each year in the van?

All the best

David.
buntytw26

Post by buntytw26 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:31 am

Hi David

I considered LPG but having read a ditty in the paper at the weekend it seems we need to do a fair sup miles to make it worthwhile. I use a Polo as a daily commute and the other half walks to work so the Bongo is more of a play thing I guess with odd weekends, wee trips with the bikes and stuff like that.

I like the idea of having the van converted already as it is simpler and if we got another one then we need to find the time etc to take the van and have it all done elsewhere.

Not being lazy, just practicle.

I am all excited though :mrgreen:
charlieD
Bongonaut

Post by charlieD » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:59 am

buntytw26 wrote:Hi there. We are thinking about getting a Bongo and had no idea of the variety of things you can do to one. We are off to see two this week, one I mentioned here yesterday, 96 2.5 TD low mileage but a tin top (£6k) and another not advertised yet in the shire 2002 plate for £11k auto city runner 2.5lt petrol 44k miles.

Ideally I'd like to have a poke about in some local owners motors before I commit to buying.

Any offers of a look see 8)

Any ideas, suggestions or warnings greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Lorraine
You can have a look around mine if you'd like, I'll PM you with details,
"I tried jogging once but the ice kept falling out of my glass" Dave Lee Roth
MountainGoat
Supreme Being

Post by MountainGoat » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:24 am

He is selling as cant manage the roof as had a wonky arm.
Yes that sounds very like a tin top with an after market roof. Auto Freetop Roofs are power assisted so all that you need to do is run the engine, engage the brake and press the button and up she goes. On the other hand after market roofs are NOT power assisted as far as I know and you have to push them up. This may be a problem for guys with wonky arms, delicate ladies and short people.

Tony
Former SGL5 Owner Jeep Cherokee 2.5CRD Burstner Ixeo Time it585
buntytw26

Post by buntytw26 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:33 am

MountainGoat wrote:
He is selling as cant manage the roof as had a wonky arm.
This may be a problem for guys with wonky arms, delicate ladies and short people.

Tony

Haha, doubt anyone would call me a delicate lady but I do count myself as a bit of a shorty, but then all good things come in small parcels, apparently!
dunslair
Supreme Being

Post by dunslair » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:29 pm

Have a look on your local Gumtree as well, I think there was a sitver tin top with full conversion advertised there for anot 9K it may be worth considering then pop a roof on later if you require. Happy hunting. (ps google, 'mazda bongo aberdeen') :D
Grahame at work
Bongolier

Post by Grahame at work » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:33 pm

Hi buntytw26,

I don't have a converted Bongo but your welcome to look it over.

It's a V6 if its of any interest - just PM me

Regards Grahame
Joanie2 has had a sex change and is remaned Bert
Bongopoet
Tribal Elder

Post by Bongopoet » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:58 pm

buntytw26 wrote: Well I must say, you guys are as friendly here as we are in the MX5 owners club =D> . Must be a Mazda thing :mrgreen:

Watch this space but if I get my way tomorrow we will buy buy buy!! Or am I being rash??
It must be a Mazda thing we also have an MX5, sometimes it is difficult to know which to take out to play as they are both fun in different ways :o)
Chrissy
buntytw26

Post by buntytw26 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:00 pm

Well done Chrissy. What MX5 do you have?? Mine is mk2.5 Arctic in razor blue.

Return to “Scotland”