Sad news from Karena

Moderator: Muzorewa

MountainGoat
Supreme Being

Re: Sad news from Karena

Post by MountainGoat » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:56 am

Sorry that I can't be there Karen, my opperation is tomorrow. Then I am banned from driving for the next three weeks. If June can sneak a dram into the hospital I will be raising my glass to Keith on the day.

Tony
Former SGL5 Owner Jeep Cherokee 2.5CRD Burstner Ixeo Time it585
karena
Supreme Being

Post by karena » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:03 pm

hopefully the final update its
10 - at the funeral parlour
11 at the crem.
12 at the church.
PixieAndTheMoon
Supreme Being

Post by PixieAndTheMoon » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:19 pm

I think I will go on Muz's link to the Church, as we haven't taught the Bongo to fly yet. I could end up anywhere! Thank link for the church take you to the US of A <g>

Jo x
Peg leg Pete
Supreme Being

Post by Peg leg Pete » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:12 pm

Hoping to attend, pending getting time off from School, will ask in the morning and post tomorrow evening. Karen love from all the Humphrey clan.
Image Pete
my_dad_was_bongo_mad

Post by my_dad_was_bongo_mad » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:20 pm

Hi to everyone - keiths daughter here, i've been stalking this forum for a week and in the end had to register to say thank you for all your lovely posts and memories of dad. The last time I saw him at his house i was reading the get well wishes on here to him and he was telling me who you were and how he had met you, although i don't know any of you, his stories of your antics made us both laugh.

Tonight when i saw that you had embraced the idea of a bongo funeral procession I have sat and laughed again because he would absolutely LOVE IT and i cannot think of a more fitting tribute!

I can't wait to see you all and thank you personally I can see why Dad and Karen made such good friends with you all - your all as mad as he was :-)

Sally x
daveblueozzie
Supreme Being

Post by daveblueozzie » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:24 pm

Sally, your dad was a smashing bloke, always ready to talk and tell a story, he will be sadly missed.
Lost without my Bongo.
mrswaycar8

Post by mrswaycar8 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:54 pm

deepest sympathy karen ,sally and family kieth was a special bloke to all,really top funny guy with a heart of gold,couldnt help chuckling when you said wear something cheerful,i had a vision of lots of people dressed up as kieth in leathers with there beards and side burners in there bongos turning up :shock: ,on a serious note tho,if wayne can get time off work we will see you friday to send kieth off in style,xxxxxx
PixieAndTheMoon
Supreme Being

Post by PixieAndTheMoon » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:02 pm

Dear Sally,

Your Dad was a true Yorkshire Gentle Man. Blow he wasn't phased by anything and had a terrific sense of humour.

My love and thought's are with you

Jo x
blobber
Supreme Being

Post by blobber » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:39 pm

I'm just bracing myself, Dots been playing enough tricks on me the past 10 months and, well, her and 'pops' were bad enough together down here................ just bracing myself.

I'm already missing the old git (and his BBQ fuel)(He MADE me finish that bottle off, I fell over)
Sorted out my 'bright' gear.

Sally, he was a great bloke.
Alan & Dot

Yes sir, I can Bongo !!

I now walk with an angel by my side.
PixieAndTheMoon
Supreme Being

Post by PixieAndTheMoon » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:08 am

Tony I hope your op goes ok friend, let us know....

Jo x
karena
Supreme Being

Post by karena » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:53 am

ditto tony xxx
why do i have the feeling as her jeep broke down last night that our new apprentice will be after a bongo for her next vehicle -seriousely though we are all made up with the responses from you guys on here.

Alan you're worrying me now please not the lime lycra pants.-
PixieAndTheMoon
Supreme Being

Post by PixieAndTheMoon » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:02 am

Heck Karen you beast you read lycra into Tony and Alan's post! Clearly I missed summat

LMFAO << Is that allowed?

Jo x
TINCA TINCA

Post by TINCA TINCA » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:43 am

Hello Karen & Sally

I have been following this link and can I just say that I will be thinking of you ALL on Friday. We wish we could attend but miles and finances are predicting our trips at the moment.

Without seeming insensitive, would it be possible for somebody to maybe take a few pics of the BONGO PROCESSION. Camaraderie at times like these are so strong with Bongo owners. It seems that there are so many Northerners that have this bond together.

May I end with once again saying how very sorry we were to hear the news and will be thinking of you.

Take care for now.
Tomo 53
Bongolier

Post by Tomo 53 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:26 am

B*Witched Blingo wrote:
PixieAndTheMoon wrote:What time and where?

Jo xx
Karen needs to confirm how long it will take from the Chapel of rest to the Crematorium. She can then post up the time we should meet up to start the 1st leg of the Convoy. (Sorry I'm on my mobile responding).
I hope that helps a bit.

PM sent
Tomo
Peg leg Pete
Supreme Being

Post by Peg leg Pete » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:12 pm

Well permission granted for day off, so Gillian and myself will be coming, Ethan really wants to come, but he must attend school!
Image Pete

Return to “North West”