Campercraft Disaster!

Ian
Supreme Being

Campercraft Disaster!

Post by Ian » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:00 am

Those of you that use or know Bongo Bill's Campercraft facilities near Dunfermline will be shocked to receive the following news:

Hi Ian, The roof on our building has collapsed due to the weight of snow and we're in a bit of a pickle to say the least. I think it could be months before we get back up and running, I've contacted as many customers as I can but it would be useful if you could put a note out on your next bulletin. I'll keep you infomed when there is any sign of business returning to normal.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.
Bongopoet
Tribal Elder

Re: Campercraft Disaster!

Post by Bongopoet » Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:47 pm

Oh Good Grief! Sorry to hear that!
munroman
Tribal Elder

Post by munroman » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:40 pm

I am really sorry to hear that and I hope Bill and his company get back to business soon!
When asked about Western Civilisation, Ghandi said 'that would be a good idea'...
MountainGoat
Supreme Being

Post by MountainGoat » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:50 pm

No used Campercraft yet as they are some way away from me. But Scotland can ill aford to loose a good Bongo Garage. I hope that they are back in business again in time for the Scottish meet so that I can drop in on the way to see what they have to offer.

Tony
Former SGL5 Owner Jeep Cherokee 2.5CRD Burstner Ixeo Time it585
dunslair
Supreme Being

Post by dunslair » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:00 am

Bill undersealed our van a few weeks ago..... really nice bloke! Sorry to hear the news, hope there was as little damage to stock as possible, and that you can get things up and running again soon!

Best wishes to Bill.

David.
mulshy
Bongolier

Post by mulshy » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:36 pm

that is a disaster

we were out there only a week ago
camped outside bills the night before work was due to be done
we cadged a cup of tea of kevin the mechanic in the morning then he gave us a lift
into dunfermline and would give us a call when its ready
after a full scottish breakfast we hit the shops and spent a small quantity of money
never even had time to visit the abbey before we got a call saying all was done
we were chauffeured back to the workshop where bill charged a very reasonable price for services rendered

now thats what i'd call customer service

hope bill gets back up and running soon
all the same but different
systemshock

Post by systemshock » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:20 pm

I know Bill has had a hard year all round - to put it mildly - and this is just awful news. I do hope he gets up and running before long and, when he is, I cant recomend him enough.

He and his team were absolutely superlative last year when our engine packed in. Without their detective work and willingness to go the extra mile (and more) we'd have been landed with a hefty bill. They certainly know their stuff.

Bill, if you are reading this, all the best mate and do let us know if we can help out.

Mike
rapiddescent
Bongolier

Post by rapiddescent » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:58 pm

oh crikey. I just found this whilst searching for Bill's number because I've been ringing and ringing and they weren't picking up - no wonder if they have no roof. I was about to drive through there...

Does anyone know if they are back up and running yet? perhaps in one of the adjoining sheds?
Ford Freda owning mountain biker dude
rapiddescent
Bongolier

Post by rapiddescent » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:00 pm

oh, and just wanted to echo the other messages. When I was there I went mountain biking up in the forest nr the old naval site and came back and they treated me to soup! Whilst my van was in, I was given the guided tour (including the rusty van in the corner) and helped one of the guys put a box canopy on some lucky customers new bongo.
Bongopoet
Tribal Elder

Post by Bongopoet » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:01 pm

rapiddescent wrote:oh crikey. I just found this whilst searching for Bill's number because I've been ringing and ringing and they weren't picking up - no wonder if they have no roof. I was about to drive through there...

Does anyone know if they are back up and running yet? perhaps in one of the adjoining sheds?

I was looking yesterday but his website is completely shut down too. It looks as though we will not be seeing him again. However I am heading down in that direction one day next week so may pop round to see if there is any news.
Chrissy
Welshcav

Post by Welshcav » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:54 pm

I spoke to him via email last week and he said that he would be up and running in about a month not sure if it will be the same premises.
rapiddescent
Bongolier

Post by rapiddescent » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:20 pm

I just txted bill and am going to meet up on saturday. the premises are shut during the week at the moment and I'll report back what the plan is after the weekend. he said it had been a nightmare.
Grahame at work
Bongolier

Post by Grahame at work » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:45 pm

going to meet up on saturday
Give him our regards - there are lots of folk on here that want to see him back in business.

Grahame
Joanie2 has had a sex change and is remaned Bert
dunslair
Supreme Being

Post by dunslair » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:09 pm

Grahame at work wrote:
Give him our regards - there are lots of folk on here that want to see him back in business.

Grahame
+1 on both counts :wink:
munroman
Tribal Elder

Post by munroman » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:57 pm

dunslair wrote:
Grahame at work wrote:

Grahame
+1 on both counts :wink:
+2 ,though my dog hates him since ex-shepherd Bill said he should be fed only once a day and that he was a bit podgy. I suspect that bad canine thoughts might have ensued!

Just another thought, could you find out if Bill needs some 'Bongo Help', I know he has donated stuff for Help for Heroes and I for one would be happy to give a time donation if something needed done to get him back into business, maybe we could have a mini meet at his new place?
When asked about Western Civilisation, Ghandi said 'that would be a good idea'...

Return to “Scotland”