Campercraft Disaster!

dunslair
Supreme Being

Re: Campercraft Disaster!

Post by dunslair » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:10 am

That sounds like a great idea. Campercraft are fairly central to quite a lot of folks, and it would be a good way to show our support. If we could get some feed back as to how he is getting on with his plans etc, we would know if a meet would be in order.
Grahame at work
Bongolier

Post by Grahame at work » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:35 pm

I for one would be happy to give a time donation if something needed done to get him back into business, maybe we could have a mini meet at his new place?
Good idea -
I would be up for that

Grahame
Joanie2 has had a sex change and is remaned Bert
MountainGoat
Supreme Being

Post by MountainGoat » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:45 pm

Me too if I am around at the chosen time and able to drive.

Tony
Former SGL5 Owner Jeep Cherokee 2.5CRD Burstner Ixeo Time it585
MikeBongo
Bongonaut

Post by MikeBongo » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:39 am

Me too. Only met Bill twice and he was a great help. His business deserves to prosper. Happy to support this if I can make it. Mike
steviebongo
Tribal Elder

Post by steviebongo » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:09 pm

Count me in for this one ,possibly April for a meet as long as bill didn't mind that is .somebody will have to speak to him I suppose to see if it was a goer.

Cheers Stevie
brorabongo
Supreme Being

Post by brorabongo » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:33 am

:-k Could be tempted to make an appearance, so I'd better start saving for the fuel now......£1.40 a litre here. :evil:
ボンゴの激怒 pictures
Run your fingers over my Bongo, and I'll run my Bongo over your fingers!! :twisted:
MountainGoat
Supreme Being

Post by MountainGoat » Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:41 am

.....and Veggie Oil is :-k

Tony
Former SGL5 Owner Jeep Cherokee 2.5CRD Burstner Ixeo Time it585
rapiddescent
Bongolier

Post by rapiddescent » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:27 pm

I dropped off the bongo with bill today for some bits and pieces.

Standing at the main door, the left side of the roof has curled inwards at the edge leaving about a metre of daylight down pretty much the length of the unit. The metal A frame supports are twisted and buckled and the roof line looks visibly bucked from outside. Only the little cannibalised green van remains on that side. The main problem has been the amount of water coming in. There were big puddles of lying water on the floor which pretty much makes conversion activities impossible. No bongo's were injured, but the result is that not much work is being done during the week. He's still doing odd jobs so if you need some work on your bongo then get in touch with him (weekend) and they'll be glad for the business.

In terms of getting the business back up and running - understandably they want out of the unit and relocated but as you can imagine, such things are hard to organise at the best of times - to be honest, it must be quite stressful given that they've lost a few months of business so I get the feeling that a big meetup would not be appropriate at this time. However, once they've moved and got going again then we should give the team a cheery BBQ or something because they've been through a lot.

I passed on that folk here were asking about him, which got a smile.
Ford Freda owning mountain biker dude
munroman
Tribal Elder

Post by munroman » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:43 pm

Thanks for the update, for those that haven't been to Campercraft they are in an ex military 'Nissen Hut' type building, for so much damage to have happened due to the weight of snow shows how much snowfall there was in December.

Certainly up for helping Bill in any way possible once it is appropriate!
When asked about Western Civilisation, Ghandi said 'that would be a good idea'...
rapiddescent
Bongolier

Post by rapiddescent » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:56 am

was there yesterday to pick up the bongo; Bill's got to move and so when they do, we'll sort out some kind of meetup & BBQ. He's thinking about easter-ish time.

From the sounds of it, he got all the bongo's out in the nick of time. He had driven over in bongo-bumper height snow to collect some tools only to get stuck there and unable to get back out. There were some strange groaning noises from the roof so he dug a channel and got all the vehicles out; by all accounts it took 7 hours of digging.

Whilst I was there, some lucky new owner of a new-shape bongo was collecting the keys.
Ford Freda owning mountain biker dude
brorabongo
Supreme Being

Post by brorabongo » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:28 pm

As for a meet there what about sometime during the Scottish Bash?
ボンゴの激怒 pictures
Run your fingers over my Bongo, and I'll run my Bongo over your fingers!! :twisted:
Bongopoet
Tribal Elder

Post by Bongopoet » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:45 pm

Well the other thing of possible interest is the Scottish Bus museum which is right next to Campercraft
brorabongo
Supreme Being

Post by brorabongo » Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:52 am

"Two birds with one stone" as they say.
ボンゴの激怒 pictures
The_Gordons
Bongolier

Post by The_Gordons » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:01 pm

Received the following update from Bill today:

It's been three months since our building started to collapse and we're not making any headway with the landlords to have it fixed.......so we've relocated temporarily to premises in Kirkcaldy ( Mitchelston industrial estate) where we can carry out all servicing and mechanical repairs as normal, and in conjunction with one of our neighbours, we have access to body repairs, resprays etc. We're not yet in a position to do interior converions but that will be up and running in early April.
The landline is not yet connected so if we can be of service please call me on 07907661175 .
Hoping to see you all soon (not all at once!!!!)
Bongo replaced by Wellhouse Terrier
Bongisland

Post by Bongisland » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:44 pm

Thanks for that update - we promptly booked in for a service. And Kirkcaldy is much handier for us than Kelty. Nice to have an expert in the neighbourhood

Linda

Return to “Scotland”